How did you choose your channel name?

FloFloBear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Choosing the channel name, oh boy...

This was one of the reasons I postponed making videos for soooo long. I just could not decide what to name my channel... and kept telling myself I will start making videos once I have a channel name. Such a silly thing to do, but it was quite a big problem for me. The first idea that came to my mind was FloFloBear (which is what my girlfriend sometimes calls me), but did not want to use that as it was something special. I thought I must come up with something better, and spent months thinking about it now and then.

I never had (good) usernames or nicknames in games or forums so it was incredibly difficult to come up with something just for my channel. I used to just put down name of book characters or game characters or bands or something I liked. But I didn't want that for my youtube channel (for obvious reasons). I wanted something easy to remember but also a name that I liked and which showed a bit of who I am.

It took forever, but in the end I realised that I actually loved FloFloBear which was the first idea that came to mind and went with it. It felt silly and fun and personal, and I think that's what is the most important. So if you are reading this and you are in a situation like I was, stop thinking about the BEST channel name out there and pick the one your instinct is first drawn to. You will love it more and you will start doing videos sooner. :)

So what inspired you and how did you choose your channel name? Tell us your story!

Onister Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well my name come from Oni which is a Yoki from Japanese mythology. But where my name really started was me coming up with a random name and me and some old friend agreed on Onister. But to find out it was a monster from Japan. ster is just to make the name less harsh soundin but in short i came up with a random name that sounded good, I know its kind boring but it is what it is. :)

But i think i might change it here soon...

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I hav a blog with the same name, and I got that name because I´m from Sweden, and I am a traveler, hence the name Th Swedish Traveler. It might be a boring story, but that´s how it is!
It has also gotten a little fame locally, since a few f my co workers call me that as well!

Reactions: Liam O’Doyle

MrYorkiesWorld

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My username MrYorkiesWorld originally came from the place I live. I'm from Yorkshire in the UK, and so we are sometimes known as Yorkie's to some. Then, I had to think how I could turn that into my channel name. I decided on MrYorkiesWorld because I liked the idea of creating my own world of content. So essentially I combined where I am from with my passion for creating content, and somehow MrYorkiesWorld was born!

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Whelp, my name is pretty straight forward xD I'm Dutch and I live in England atm :) Only thing is that I have no idea what to do with the channel's branding if I'm moving back to the Netherlands or maybe even to another part of the world after my internship n.n"

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Choosing the channel name, oh boy...

This was one of the reasons I postponed making videos for soooo long. I just could not decide what to name my channel... and kept telling myself I will start making videos once I have a channel name. Such a silly thing to do, but it was quite a big problem for me. The first idea that came to my mind was FloFloBear (which is what my girlfriend sometimes calls me), but did not want to use that as it was something special. I thought I must come up with something better, and spent months thinking about it now and then.

I never had (good) usernames or nicknames in games or forums so it was incredibly difficult to come up with something just for my channel. I used to just put down name of book characters or game characters or bands or something I liked. But I didn't want that for my youtube channel (for obvious reasons). I wanted something easy to remember but also a name that I liked and which showed a bit of who I am.

It took forever, but in the end I realised that I actually loved FloFloBear which was the first idea that came to mind and went with it. It felt silly and fun and personal, and I think that's what is the most important. So if you are reading this and you are in a situation like I was, stop thinking about the BEST channel name out there and pick the one your instinct is first drawn to. You will love it more and you will start doing videos sooner. :)

So what inspired you and how did you choose your channel name? Tell us your story!
Yeah, I love the name FloFloBear! For this channel, I do discussion videos about animation movies, so it's basically just both of them put together. For my previous channel, I used my online username Stike96 (I was born in 1996) and then later changed it to StikeTech because it was a tech channel. As for how I came up with Stike, two words that came to mind at the time were strike and steak (I have no idea why) so putting those together gave me Stike.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
if you are interested i made the name from my origin lovely name of an old channel MadBlack so i decided to make it more evil ...and i love outsidexbox channel so i decided to add a box and gaming to represent myself as a gaming channel and voila demonic box gaming with a demonic voice in some gameplays it's great

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Couldn't decide on a name for a while then someone in the team said 'digibox films' we removed the films part.

Reactions: LIVEst and Firefang

Firefang

// Weekly gaming related content //
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Usually when I think of branding names I write down a lot of words that pop into my head randomly. Then I try to combine them into something that makes sense, or just sounds cool anyhow. That's how I came up with the name of this channel.