Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How did you choose your channel name?

Discussion in 'Branding and Channel Design' started by FloFloBear, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Primink
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $55
    Choosing a name took a long time for me also. All I knew is I wanted something unique, but also something that sounded nice. I played around with a lot of different names; just thinking of random words/making up some words and I finally chose "Primink". I'm an OCD freak and the fact that my name is somewhat symmetrical made me choose it.

2. akemipie
    Cash:
    $8
    Back in high school all my friends had characters based off of ourselves that we would all draw together or write stories about and share between ourselves at different times. They were all different anime style characters. My character's name was Akemi. Later I became obsessed with mlp when it came out and in trying to think of a good username for my Instagram I was experimenting and just stuck the two together.

3. Safwan Foy
    Cash:
    $12
    My channel name... is my actual name. It's unique, it's simple, it's me.

My URL is based on an idea II had a long time ago, and wanted to call my channel Safiibox, but I figured my actual name was better and changed it.

4. Messages:
    Cash:
    $36
    I got my channel name from my passion. I have always loved adventure, from racing mountain bikes to just watching an amazing movie that takes you on an adventure. My soul has never wanted to be in the 9 to 5 corporate world, but alas I am still there. help me please! Save my soul! Just kidding lol.

5. TastesSeoulGood
    Vlogging my adventures in Korea
    Cash:
    $11
    I wanted something that was a play on words, but also really described what my channel was about. Since I make videos about food in Korea, I thought it would be easy if someone just read my channel name that they wouldn't have to think what it's about.

6. GameVestment
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $78
    My name comes from Games and Investment,, the idea is to show if it's worth to invest time and money in certain game. I wanted something that could be considered a gaming channel but also that can transform in a gaming review channel in the future. Also I looked just to make sure this word doesn't exist on YouTube or Google and well,,, now is mine ^^

7. Wayfire
    Cash:
    $4

My channel name was the 3rd idea that came to my head. I have a passion for travel so I went with "Wayfire," a play on "Wayfarer."

I think a good name is important, but my goal is to have a unique channel name and let my content define the words versus letting the name dictate my content.

Thanks

#77 Wayfire, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2018
    TheSwedishTraveler likes this.
  8. eroM
    Cash:
    $43
    Given that there are a lot of ASMR channels out there what I would add would be "More ASMR"

So i just did a play on words and wrote that backwards: eroM ASMR. I think if someone sees it, it'll be kinda catchy to remember.