How did you choose your channel name?

ItsCynth

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tried to come up with something random at first, but then decided to use my name. It was ItsCynth first, which is why thats my username here, but I decided to just change it to a "normal" name as that's what a lot of big youtubers do as well. My real last name is kind of boring, so I made my youtube name a combination of my mom's and stepdad's last names, because they actually make a cool name together which I think is unique :)

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi! I have a gaming channel.. since gaming does unite people as they play and interact together.. that's how Unite Player came about :)
You know that's pretty much what we did. Was having trouble coming up with a channel name, especially since there are two main hosts and we get guest hosts. Settles on Team MLB Presents Top Of The Deck initially but that was way too damn long. So it ended up being "TeamMLBPresents." Piggy backs on the MLB a little bit but it's also a reference to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Michealangelo's first line. Major League Buttkicking)

Originally we were supposed to have all sorts of gaming videos but it didn't work out that way, so now we just do different Yu-Gi-Oh! Segments. It's been nice. And Team Major League Buttkicking sounds cool.

Vax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I originally went by xLostEcho it was just a neat random username I came up with back in the times when Battlefield 4 was new. It wasn't until within the last month or so I decided to give it a change to Vax. Vax came about as a last name for my character on a Star Wars roleplaying website, completely random generated. It felt unique, short and catchy/easy to remember, so I gave a look onto the youtubes to see if anyone large uses the name, to my luck nope! Went with it and I think I am going to stick with it for good now.

KudoJin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Oh boy, this is going to be quite long. xD

So, first thing to keep in mind, when I came up with KudoJin I was originally planning on using these accounts as sort of social media outlets that I use for writing. I was originally planning on being an author, but I didn't want to publish under my real name. Obvious answer then is to use a pen name.

Kudo is a real Japanese last name, but I got it from Shunsaku Kudō, a former IJN Lieutenant who's known for the act of saving 442 British and American sailors in the Java sea (at a time when many other Japanese officers would have left them for dead, or worse). He acted in a way that saved the lives of enemy soldiers, he looked past the friend/foe mentality that dominated WW2 and just worked to save lives. I look up to that, so I took his last name.

Jin comes from something less serious. Again, it's a real Japanese first name, but I actually got it a different way. I'm a Trekkie. The person who made Star Trek is Gene Rodenberry. Gene in Japanese is ジーン (Jiin, long i), which sounds like ジン (Jin), which is the exact same way 仁 (Jin, as the way I write it in Japanese) is. Hence, Jin.

Put the two together and you have first name Jin and last name Kudo.

For YouTube I just let them decide the order of the name, but on most other social media I just use the Japanese order of names (Last Name, then First Name) and mush the two together to make KudoJin. xD

Side note, in Japanese the name would be written 工藤 仁, if anyone's wondering.

phayilgaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I created a Clan with my friends. We are all pretty sucky at games, so its a word play on the word Fail, and then gaming as its a gaming channel.

GrimKingGrim

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My name is my old online gaming handle. Haven't changed it as of yet.

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Cartoonist
My name is Cassie and one day at church one of the guitarists (I was the bassist) said something to me and greeted me as "Cassarilla" and I liked the name so I made it my youtube name. (Oddly enough he just calls me Casserole now. lol)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
It was an easy choice for me as my channel is for re-purposing blog content. As for my blog name I wanted something somewhat relevant, memorable and with an available URL and available social media account names.

G33n0

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I came up with my channel name by just making it my nickname/gamertag. I got the name G33n0 because one of my teachers in high school said that I reminded her of a dude that she went to school with named Eugene. One of my friends dubbed me Geno after that.That spelling of it is taken everywhere thanks to Super Mario RPG so I had to make it all 1337 speak.