How did you choose your channel name?

AngelofGroove

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
I've got a boardgames channel where my nick is angelofdice. Since this is my second channel, I thought it would be good to stay with the some these.

Why I chose angelofgroove is because I like rnb, funk styles guitar and I've always like the funky grooves that the exhibit. That is the kind of guitar player I want to be.

Matheus Brito

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I derived mine from the aesthetic... I wanted the concept of the channel to be an ever-expanding world of knowledge and the space theme went obviously very well with that.
Since I start pretty much every frame of my videos by drawing a little planet and trying to tell a story, I ended up with Planet Stories.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Honestly?; well. about a year after I'd finished University and about a year into my first job I'd found myself in a position where I'd got absolutley no time to do anything creative both in terms of actual time to invest in making films like I used to and also because the creative well had run dry to an extent. Not going to lie I was a bit depressed at the time about it because I felt a bit adrift...Anyway; so I decided after a while that I wasnt going to just keep drifting and that I wanted to do something more constructive than just sitting in my room every night chomping down episodes of Mystery Science theatre 3000 and eating my weight in Rocky mountain Marshmallows so I decided to do something about it. So I drafted up every concievable creative thing I could do that I actually would want to do; Write a book, Make short films, become a painter, learn an instrument, write poetry, go into acting (Or voice acting) and after I made my list I decided to try and set some wheels in motion. As a coverall I called this mass creative project "Project: TYTD" standing for "Too Young To Die" because at the time I was in the headspace that if I didnt do something creative to buck the trend It would just wither away so TYTD was the catch all for any and all creative projects I was working on...I spent about 12-18 months developing various avanues which for one reason or another either stalled, got put on hold, or just became unfeasable. gradually as the ideas whittled down it ended up that the only options that wernt stopped or on hold were "Start a youtube blog" or "Write a novel" and as im partially dyslexic the latter would have been insufferable for the long run...but I'd always kind of warmed to the idea of getting back into Yotutube...when I was in my early teens I'd been quite successful for the time and i'd always loved the format...so I spent another 6-8 months developing my ideas into something tangible and settled on the format that I use to this day. the simple reason TYTD stuck around as the title was simply that it was a placeholder while I thought of a proper name but ultimately I fell in love with the abbreviation I like the way it looks when laid out in my logo so I ended up sticking with it shortly there after I wrote my first 4 reviews and im currently still going :) I dont really consider it to mean anything these days other than it's abbreviated letters...its sort of a reminder to me that being creative is a gift really and not to waste time not thinking of how you can evolve and change :)...but yeh...sorry for the long winded explanation :)

Unite Player

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! I have a gaming channel.. since gaming does unite people as they play and interact together.. that's how Unite Player came about :)

BrandyKoopa

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well my name come from what my sister calles me cus she hates my full name and im a nintendo lover mostly a koopa/koopaling lover That's how I came up with the name of this channel.

YonderYon

Reaction score
My last name is Yon, yeah go figure, so it was kind of a no brainer. There was a point in my life where no one knew I even had a first name, it was just Yon all day everyday. Yonder made way too much sense to pass up.

Dice Rollen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I came up with my name before I decided on the kind of content I'd be making so I tried to figure something out that would work no matter what I did. The phrase that kept coming up in my head was "it's a roll of the dice", so I just placed with the key words of that sentence. Dice obviously for my first name & Rollen is derived from rolling, of course. And that made the slight variation of my username "TheDicebeRollen" pretty easy to use if Dice Rollen didn't work.

Johnny Nongamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I went with two rules...originality (what would come up on top of a YouTube search) and go with what I know (I am not really a gamer). That's my brand.

I haven't yet found the banners and music and icon that fits my brand yet...i am closer then where i was.

Its an evolving brand. I know what it is and i know what i am.

JBR27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As I don't have a solid nickname as everyone just calls me a shorten version of my real name but I decided to just use the first letter from each part of my name. So J from first name, B from middle name and R from last name and picked my favourite number.

I had a sick gamertag that I used a while ago but YouTube didn't allow it to be a channel name which is why I had to go with JBR. I still like it and I think my logo and banner look pretty sweet thanks to a good mate of mine :)

Reactions: Johnny Nongamer

Justin In

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So people always teased and made jokes with my name as it is Justin In.
Which I used to create my channel name - Just Vlog In
As I create a wide range of content, mainly vlogs.

It worked well :)