Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
deleted

Last edited:

akemipie

Reaction score
Back in high school all my friends had characters based off of ourselves that we would all draw together or write stories about and share between ourselves at different times. They were all different anime style characters. My character's name was Akemi. Later I became obsessed with mlp when it came out and in trying to think of a good username for my Instagram I was experimenting and just stuck the two together.

Safwan Foy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel name... is my actual name. It's unique, it's simple, it's me.

My URL is based on an idea II had a long time ago, and wanted to call my channel Safiibox, but I figured my actual name was better and changed it.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got my channel name from my passion. I have always loved adventure, from racing mountain bikes to just watching an amazing movie that takes you on an adventure. My soul has never wanted to be in the 9 to 5 corporate world, but alas I am still there. help me please! Save my soul! Just kidding lol.

TastesSeoulGood

Vlogging my adventures in Korea
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I wanted something that was a play on words, but also really described what my channel was about. Since I make videos about food in Korea, I thought it would be easy if someone just read my channel name that they wouldn't have to think what it's about.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
My name comes from Games and Investment,, the idea is to show if it's worth to invest time and money in certain game. I wanted something that could be considered a gaming channel but also that can transform in a gaming review channel in the future. Also I looked just to make sure this word doesn't exist on YouTube or Google and well,,, now is mine ^^

Wayfire

Enox Wyn
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
Choosing the channel name, oh boy...

This was one of the reasons I postponed making videos for soooo long. I just could not decide what to name my channel... and kept telling myself I will start making videos once I have a channel name. Such a silly thing to do, but it was quite a big problem for me. The first idea that came to my mind was FloFloBear (which is what my girlfriend sometimes calls me), but did not want to use that as it was something special. I thought I must come up with something better, and spent months thinking about it now and then.

I never had (good) usernames or nicknames in games or forums so it was incredibly difficult to come up with something just for my channel. I used to just put down name of book characters or game characters or bands or something I liked. But I didn't want that for my youtube channel (for obvious reasons). I wanted something easy to remember but also a name that I liked and which showed a bit of who I am.

It took forever, but in the end I realised that I actually loved FloFloBear which was the first idea that came to mind and went with it. It felt silly and fun and personal, and I think that's what is the most important. So if you are reading this and you are in a situation like I was, stop thinking about the BEST channel name out there and pick the one your instinct is first drawn to. You will love it more and you will start doing videos sooner. :)

So what inspired you and how did you choose your channel name? Tell us your story!

My channel name was the 3rd idea that came to my head. I have a passion for travel so I went with "Wayfire," a play on "Wayfarer."

I think a good name is important, but my goal is to have a unique channel name and let my content define the words versus letting the name dictate my content.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheSwedishTraveler

eroM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Given that there are a lot of ASMR channels out there what I would add would be "More ASMR"

So i just did a play on words and wrote that backwards: eroM ASMR. I think if someone sees it, it'll be kinda catchy to remember.