How did this game channel earn monetization?

Acktomy

Reaction score
There's a channel called "World of Longplays"

All they do is play games from the beginning to the end without commentating or editing at all. How does that work?

Is it because they have a good amount of subscribers that youtube agreed to give them access to monetization?

Last edited:

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
To monetize all you have to have is 10,000 views I believe. It doesn't matter on the content really. So theyrr completely allowed to monetize

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Then again, there are more controversial content creators that still have monetisation! So seeing this wouldn´t, to me, seem controversial!
Seeing the length of the videos, they might earn more money as well!

Reactions: Fox Beat

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I want to say that [emoji1312][emoji1312]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's a channel called "World of Longplays"

All they do is play games from the beginning to the end without commentating or editing at all. How does that work?

Is it because they have a good amount of subscribers that youtube agreed to give them access to monetization?
Word of Longplays is VERY OLD channel and there was a lots of controversy over it's monetization back in the time when YouTube started giving the possibility to monetize.
It's a community driven project, where LOTs of people contributed over the years. It's stated back in 2005, then in 2006 the channel was created. Later one of the admins/moderators decided to monetize the channel, which caused lots of discussions, negativity along the creators. You can read more about the story on Encyclopedia Dramatica - World_of_Longplays.