How can I recover a channel if I don't have the e-mail address?

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a client and she is making videos now for her product. Unfortunately none of her e-mail addresses are associated with her Youtube channel. Usually I would just say, let's start a new channel, but she has 170 subs and decent view counts. I would love to have that to start out with.

Researching this, it looks like you are screwed if you do not have the email address associated with the channel / account. Can they call someone? Send in a business request to Google to recover that account. I can't believe that a branded channel for a company can't be recovered by the company it is for. (If that made sense)

Phone number? Link? mail address? or is it truly a lost cause?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, I think you need the email address to log into it again. :( Something to try is to brainstorm all old email addresses and plug them into YouTube's login to try to reset their password. If one of them resets a password, you could see if it logs into the right account. :) If you forget the password for the email address login, that's another issue.... :eek: I'd also check through old web browser history if it hasn't been cleared. I've found clues about my own usernames and logins by looking at my old browsing history.

Reactions: JayZippo

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, I think you need the email address to log into it again. :( Something to try is to brainstorm all old email addresses and plug them into YouTube's login to try to reset their password. If one of them resets a password, you could see if it logs into the right account. :) If you forget the password for the email address login, that's another issue.... :eek: I'd also check through old web browser history if it hasn't been cleared. I've found clues about my own usernames and logins by looking at my old browsing history.
Thank you!!! I will see if any of these suggestions will help.