How can i protect my videos against fake copyright strikes..

Sinus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
how can i protect my own game videos (game channel) against fake strikes. People are sending me fake strikes.
How can i complain this to youtube ? do i need any material from the video ?
i am commenting and playing the games. ( i dont show my face, but you can hear my voice ) .
İ produce my videos with camtasia . After i have produced my video i upload it to youtube and delete it completeley from my pc. (must i backup this videos somewhere else or like that ? )

thank you friends..

Ukraine Arsenal

PC Enthusiast
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its not fake copyright strikes. If they gave you a strike than its more likely than not real. However usually gaming strikes are generally for the music and some game audio and not the picture, i know this from experience. So best thing for you to do is to upload a video on "Scheduled". And then fully tag and monetize it and give it a day or so. If nothing matches on it then just publish it. But if you get a content match for part of the video then you need to see if the game publisher allows this kinda of usage. And if you have commentary over it maybe go back to your editor and reduce the game volume at that part and increase your commentary volume. Again this is an easy fix for it given that it was music that was matched. If it was the visual than you will have to research to see what the rules are on that specific publisher. Biggest problem ive had has been battlefield games. I get matches every 4-6 videos. Every single one i dispute and every single one i have won.

Sinus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its not fake copyright strikes. If they gave you a strike than its more likely than not real. However usually gaming strikes are generally for the music and some game audio and not the picture, i know this from experience. So best thing for you to do is to upload a video on "Scheduled". And then fully tag and monetize it and give it a day or so. If nothing matches on it then just publish it. But if you get a content match for part of the video then you need to see if the game publisher allows this kinda of usage. And if you have commentary over it maybe go back to your editor and reduce the game volume at that part and increase your commentary volume. Again this is an easy fix for it given that it was music that was matched. If it was the visual than you will have to research to see what the rules are on that specific publisher. Biggest problem ive had has been battlefield games. I get matches every 4-6 videos. Every single one i dispute and every single one i have won.

thanks i will keep that in mind. but gabriel saysa something different dont know what to do now :)[DOUBLEPOST=1401129097,1401129061][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because YouTube has to adhere to US federal law and that's how the DMCA works.
and what shall we do ? dont play and upload video games ? can you give me usefful hints or advice please

Ukraine Arsenal

PC Enthusiast
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thanks i will keep that in mind. but gabriel saysa something different dont know what to do now :)[DOUBLEPOST=1401129097,1401129061][/DOUBLEPOST]

and what shall we do ? dont play and upload video games ? can you give me usefful hints or advice please
Yea Gabriel says different but he says it from a network administration point of view. I'm telling you from my actual experience. Its really your choice but there are way too many gaming videos for any of this to hold true. Also even if you get a copyright claim usually worse that can happen if you acknowledge it is that you will have someone else's ads on that video and thats it.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
he says it from a network administration point of view.
Not really, he asked how he can protect himself and it's not possible because that's how the DMCA works. YouTube has to act on every complaint without checking it to be valid (I'm sure you already know, this is more directed to OP).

Sinus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ukraine Arsenal says : "Every single one i dispute and every single one i have won."

and Gabriel says: "........it's not possible because that's how the DMCA works."

@Gabriel

@Ukraine Arsenal

are you both talking about something different or the same thing ?

Ukraine Arsenal

PC Enthusiast
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ukraine Arsenal says : "Every single one i dispute and every single one i have won."

and Gabriel says: "........it's not possible because that's how the DMCA works."

@Gabriel

@Ukraine Arsenal

are you both talking about something different or the same thing ?
Gabriel is more answering the original question to the letter. Which i agree there is no way to "protect yourself" from copyright. But that doesn't mean that legitimate use needs protecting, hence where my response comes in.

Reactions: Sinus and Gabriel