How can I lock restricted mode when using Youtube on an Android device?

Jim G

Reaction score
Hello,

I've tried to get this question answered on the Youtube help forum without success, so thought I'd try here. I'd like to establish parental controls when viewing Youtube videos on an Android cell phone (Motorola Moto G), as I've already done when using a laptop. On the laptop thee is an option to lock restricted viewing mode. Once locked, the users's Google password is required to unlock restricted mode. However, I'm unable to find a locking feature after setting restricted mode on the cell phone. So all someone has to do to change back to unrestricted mode is to go to settings and make the change. The user's password is not required.

Please let me know if there is any way to lock restricted mode when viewing Youtube videos on an Android device. Again, I apologize for using this forum to ask this question, but I don't know what else to do at this point. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jim G.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi @Jim G - Welcome.

Moved to the YouTube main forum. :)

(The YTtalk support/suggestions forum is specifically for YTtalk forum support, not YouTube support. )

Jim G

Reaction score
Thanks. I apologize for being a newbie at this. How can I check to see if anyone has posted?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Go into your YouTube app and the go to your channel click the settings button and the option should be right there. Hope this was helpful, I’m not an android user but I think it wotbe almost the same as you would with an iPhone.