Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How can I let people know my gaming videos aren't like let's plays?

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by Gary Hobbesworth, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Gary Hobbesworth
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $122
    *Whoops. I meant to say AREN'T in the title. I don't suppose there's a way for me to change the title, is there?*

I like to share (not spam) some of my (primarily gaming) videos on places like Reddit, and I've noticed the most common gaming videos these days tend to be stuff like traditional let's plays and videos like Pewdiepie's old stuff. My gaming content is more scripted. While I think it gives my channel an advantage because the content's different from most gaming content out there today, I just haven't been able to think of a way to really differentiate my stuff from that at first glance.

I think it's against the rules to link to your stuff so I'll probably just do a half-assed summary. I've done a series where a play an apathetic loser doing comical reviews, sort of like how AVGN reviews games as an overly pessimistic nerd with anger issues. I don't really know how to describe the rest. A lot of miscellaneous stuff.

I'm wondering what sort of stuff I can do with titles and thumbnails to make it apparent to people I'm not doing another let's play (besides writing "not a let's play" when I post on somewhere like Reddit). I guess the name "apathetic gaming" is enough for the title of the reviews, but I have no idea about the thumbnail. I've noticed that with a lot of channels that have comical videos where they focus on a specific game or movie, the uploader will usually show a shot of it along with a picture of their face. But they also do that with a lot of let's play videos. Is it enough to just have the word "review" clearly in the title?

With the rest, I really have no idea. I think I've given them all entertaining titles, but there's nothing to tell you it's not just a random moment from some let's play I did. Every idea I could come up with has been done by let's plays to some degree, and when I look at the titles and thumbnails for all of them, I can easily see them being a let's play.

2. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $4,840
    I think this fits a little better in the Strategy forum, so I've moved it to there. :) I also added "aren't" instead of "are" in the title. ^_^

Gary Hobbesworth likes this.