Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Hey guys

I need some feedback for my channel.

I think I need my channel design needs to be sharper in some pictures

A better background
Better mic

I recieved a comment from another YouTuber on my cuphead impressions and he says my voice needs to be better and not monotone. I agree and changed it with no big difference, but it's better. What do you guys think of that?

Last edited by a moderator:

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey dude, i've watched your videos and the structure and production is pretty sound which is good. One of my regrets with my channel is not learning how to do colour saturation sooner. Although working on your tone of voice is something i would recommend also i never struggled to understand you. Things like upward inflections at the end (like when you ask a question) are a fairly simple way to achieve this because you sound more happy and sing song ish without having to force it.

If you're dead set on your content i understand but i think there is a higher demand for more in depth analysis when it comes to talking about games. IGN and similar channels already churn out short reviews of games so try to always make sure to explain why you feel a certain way so rather than for example "i liked the sound design" something like "the sound design used in this complimented the atmosphere well nd enhanced the experience" something like that basically there should be an explanation as to why you feel a certain way about something rather than just saying saying how you feel about something. This will naturally help your vocal skills as you will be more practised and you will be known for providing reasoning rather than being some hyperactive personality. If you would rather stick to shorter videos those can be cool to

In summary great structure and production quality so far

Maybe try to talk more about the game and elaborate when giving impressions on games as it can give your channel a more defined identity and will give you more practice in front of the mic.

Also it's good that your channel is founded in what you love, there is a lot of opinion in the videos which will always provide a talking point and engage viewers to comment. Also when you raise a certain point like for example when you talked about game publishers maybe ask the viewer directly if they agree this will prompt them to comment and can start discussion with your viewers

Hope this has helped, sorry if it was a bit long

Last edited:
Reactions: Your Buddy Gas

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Hey dude, i've watched your videos and the structure and production is pretty sound which is good. One of my regrets with my channel is not learning how to do colour saturation sooner. Although working on your tone of voice is something i would recommend also i never struggled to understand you. Things like upward inflections at the end (like when you ask a question) are a fairly simple way to achieve this because you sound more happy and sing song ish without having to force it.

If you're dead set on your content i understand but i think there is a higher demand for more in depth analysis when it comes to talking about games. IGN and similar channels already churn out short reviews of games so try to always make sure to explain why you feel a certain way so rather than for example "i liked the sound design" something like "the sound design used in this complimented the atmosphere well nd enhanced the experience" something like that basically there should be an explanation as to why you feel a certain way about something rather than just saying saying how you feel about something. This will naturally help your vocal skills as you will be more practised and you will be known for providing reasoning rather than being some hyperactive personality. If you would rather stick to shorter videos those can be cool to

Maybe try to talk more about the game and elaborate when giving impressions on games as it can give your channel a more defined identity and will give you more practice in front of the mic.

Also it's good that your channel is founded in what you love, there is a lot of opinion in the videos which will always provide a talking point and engage viewers to comment. Also when you raise a certain point like for example when you talked about game publishers maybe ask the viewer directly if they agree this will prompt them to comment and can start discussion with your viewers

No problem ;)

Will definitely read the advice again before I will start doing a let's play of The Gallery episode:Heart of the Emberstone (vr game which comes out today) and after It's finished, I do a review[DOUBLEPOST=1508311798,1508303964][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh, and I also think my color saturation should have been better

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No problem ;)

Will definitely read the advice again before I will start doing a let's play of The Gallery episode:Heart of the Emberstone (vr game which comes out today) and after It's finished, I do a review[DOUBLEPOST=1508311798,1508303964][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, and I also think my color saturation should have been better
If you wanna try out a different setting i use the following in colour corrector secondary:

saturation: 1.475
gain:1.165
offset: -10.000

the rest on default values

VigilantRager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey man I just watched all your videos and your quality and production level are on point! great actually! You upload consistency but I think maybe trying to do one video a week might help and also try to not be so monotone. I really like your logo, so simple but to the point but you definitely should consider getting a banner that isn't the same as your logo! Keep up the good work hope to see you succeed!

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Hey man I just watched all your videos and your quality and production level are on point! great actually! You upload consistency but I think maybe trying to do one video a week might help and also try to not be so monotone. I really like your logo, so simple but to the point but you definitely should consider getting a banner that isn't the same as your logo! Keep up the good work hope to see you succeed!
Thanks.

I'm currently editing my first episode of the game The Gallery: Heart of the Emberstone. It has some big mistakes like the voice that's still monotone sometimes (in my opinion), bad audio quality because I could'nt get my smartphone close to me while I was playing in VR and and mouse cursor I removed. I'll play the game again and start the second episode where I left of with the first one

FleXiNaToR

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think you need to improve your thumbnails ,make them more eye-catching.You should replace your channel banner because it looks very similar to your channel icon. Try to make a intro that displays your channel name also consider adding a decent outro. I found that 'The lets play gallery episode 2' was a bit too long.

XenithDragon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
TO be honest your mic quality seems fine, and isn't bad at all. An upgrade would be very nice, and will provide a nice a smooth voice recording, but I don't think it is necessary. Now to touch on the monotone comment, I do think that adding a little life to your voice will be very helpful, and will help attract and entertain viewers, it isn't the worst that I have seen, but improving on that point should be a main focus of yours. The banner will definitely need some work, but as of now the picture you use for you main profile pic isn't bad at all, but if you were to redo the profile pic and the banner, as to develop a brand in a sense, it will help the overall feel and look of your channel!

Have a great one,
Xen

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Thanks for the criticism.

I think my thumbnails are fine, exept for the last one (it's beautiful, but due too the small size on the yt app it's not clear what you're seeing). Still, I will make them more and more apealing.

I'll make a new banner and I'll post it here before I upload, so you can say if it's good or bad ;)

Last edited:

Arc Flash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Definitely good production quality on your videos Gas. I struggle with a monotone voice myself when doing videos, because I'm naturally very laid back, so I get paranoid that too much excitement in my voice comes off as artificial. I can tell you from the few that I've done so far, that it's getting easier and feels more natural the more I practice. I'd say the more you do it, the more you'll get comfortable with speaking and sounding more organic, so don't give up my friend! Also, I've found sites like Pixlr and Canva to be helpful in creating banners, thumbnails, and icons. Best of all, it's free. Pixlr is a little more powerful, but not quite as user friendly as Canva.