How Can I Improve My Channel to Get More Views?

Dayn Brian

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What's good guys, Daynasty here! I've been a user here for at least 1 year. I've been changing around with my channel stuff(logo,thumbnail,banner etc.) which I know is bad. Now I have come to the one I really want to stick with. Here is where I need your help! Can you please comment on my:-

1. Thumbnails
2. Banner
3. Video content itself!

I would really love to hear all the feedback! Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Minyin Valarauco

Minyin Valarauco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What's good guys, Daynasty here! I've been a user here for at least 1 year. I've been changing around with my channel stuff(logo,thumbnail,banner etc.) which I know is bad. Now I have come to the one I really want to stick with. Here is where I need your help! Can you please comment on my:-

1. Thumbnails
2. Banner
3. Video content itself!

I would really love to hear all the feedback! Thanks in advance!
Well first I would have to say, a good way to improve your channel would be to put the right username to reach your channel in your personal details. Since you are still new, your actual channel name is a string of numbers and letters which you can find by clicking on your icon/avatar in youtube on the upper right corner. Choose settings and then on the left choose advanced settings and it will show you the current username for you and your channel. I prefer to use the one next to channel (mostly because I don't know how well to use the other one or how it works), then choose that the option refers to your youtube channel. I tried your current youtube link daynbrian and it told me page does not exist. So just a heads up. But I eventually found it lol. So as to your number 1. Be more consistent with them, try not to go back and forth between your brand or selfie on top of thumbnail and the game brand. What I mean is I see a nuzlocke thumbnail stating that it is a nuzlocke and randomized, but where are you in that thumbnail branding? I've heard it's best to use yourself as a branding or something related to you that you want people to associate with you and your channel. Like mine is a fire dog, but right now I lack the photo editing software to make that happen, so currently I'm using the 3 youtube suggestion thumbnails in upload and hope they are close to what I want. I really need to get the money to purchase the other half of the video editing software I have, which is a photo editing section lol. On to 2. The banner is great, the banner is amazing, I love the colors and blending of different blues. But ... Is your channel going to be only pokemon videos and related content? If so then great job, no need to change a thing. But, if not, you might want to think about changing the character art to something more video game general, like treasure chests and guns/weapons, something horror like, puzzling, or something close to what you will be doing. Or even just a banner that relates directly to your consistent thumbnail or avatar/icon on your channel. I used my fire dog just today with my channel name plus the word gaming right under it for my banner. Last and not least 3. The video is really really good as far as I could see, you were engaging the audience and informing about what was happening and what you wanted to do. The intro and outro were really great, I especially liked the outro music. I don't have any yet, because I want it to be something really good and not just the free garbage they have for use in youtube editing. The only problem I did see was with your cam, it was 2 or 3 seconds out of sync with what you were commenting on which made it a little distracting to hear something, but then your mouth and actions were doing something else (don't feel bad, I had the one and only feedback commenter on one of my videos tell me my audio was out of sync with the video). I thought to myself, it's not out of sync because I do it at the same time as recording the game. So I guess apparently my voice commentary is out of sync with my brain lol. Because something happens and then I make a comment if I think of something, so therefore, it seems out of sync. But it's not hah hah. Just figure out how to fix that and your doing good. I hope this helps. I know my own channel needs a lot of work as well lol.

Dayn Brian

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well first I would have to say, a good way to improve your channel would be to put the right username to reach your channel in your personal details. Since you are still new, your actual channel name is a string of numbers and letters which you can find by clicking on your icon/avatar in youtube on the upper right corner. Choose settings and then on the left choose advanced settings and it will show you the current username for you and your channel. I prefer to use the one next to channel (mostly because I don't know how well to use the other one or how it works), then choose that the option refers to your youtube channel. I tried your current youtube link daynbrian and it told me page does not exist. So just a heads up. But I eventually found it lol. So as to your number 1. Be more consistent with them, try not to go back and forth between your brand or selfie on top of thumbnail and the game brand. What I mean is I see a nuzlocke thumbnail stating that it is a nuzlocke and randomized, but where are you in that thumbnail branding? I've heard it's best to use yourself as a branding or something related to you that you want people to associate with you and your channel. Like mine is a fire dog, but right now I lack the photo editing software to make that happen, so currently I'm using the 3 youtube suggestion thumbnails in upload and hope they are close to what I want. I really need to get the money to purchase the other half of the video editing software I have, which is a photo editing section lol. On to 2. The banner is great, the banner is amazing, I love the colors and blending of different blues. But ... Is your channel going to be only pokemon videos and related content? If so then great job, no need to change a thing. But, if not, you might want to think about changing the character art to something more video game general, like treasure chests and guns/weapons, something horror like, puzzling, or something close to what you will be doing. Or even just a banner that relates directly to your consistent thumbnail or avatar/icon on your channel. I used my fire dog just today with my channel name plus the word gaming right under it for my banner. Last and not least 3. The video is really really good as far as I could see, you were engaging the audience and informing about what was happening and what you wanted to do. The intro and outro were really great, I especially liked the outro music. I don't have any yet, because I want it to be something really good and not just the free garbage they have for use in youtube editing. The only problem I did see was with your cam, it was 2 or 3 seconds out of sync with what you were commenting on which made it a little distracting to hear something, but then your mouth and actions were doing something else (don't feel bad, I had the one and only feedback commenter on one of my videos tell me my audio was out of sync with the video). I thought to myself, it's not out of sync because I do it at the same time as recording the game. So I guess apparently my voice commentary is out of sync with my brain lol. Because something happens and then I make a comment if I think of something, so therefore, it seems out of sync. But it's not hah hah. Just figure out how to fix that and your doing good. I hope this helps. I know my own channel needs a lot of work as well lol.
First of all, I need to thank you for the honest, and awesome feedback you gave. You told me everything I needed to do and also make me feel like I'm not alone right now! Yes for now, I will be focusing on Pokemon related content because my pc is nowhere close to being a good pc, and also I love Pokemon that much! Your feedback also let me know that I had some sort of on camera presence that I was searching so deeply about!

Thanks again for all the suggestions, I will definitely do them!!

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The only way you could grow and increase your audience when it comes to gaming channel is by doing a videos based on latest games. That is if you have the money to afford, if not you can stick to popular free games (just no fortnite videos, that over saturated). Since your channel is centered on Pokemon videos, just keep it up. Maybe you can cover the newest Pokemon games when it released if you happened to have a Switch console.

Also don't make too long videos, cut out any unnecessary or boring parts and keep the interesting ones. That just my advice.

Tyler Kelley

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The only way you could grow and increase your audience when it comes to gaming channel is by doing a videos based on latest games. That is if you have the money to afford, if not you can stick to popular free games (just no fortnite videos, that over saturated). Since your channel is centered on Pokemon videos, just keep it up. Maybe you can cover the newest Pokemon games when it released if you happened to have a Switch console.

Also don't make too long videos, cut out any unnecessary or boring parts and keep the interesting ones. That just my advice.
Good advice! I totally agree! As someone who regularly makes content around Fortnite - you can grow making Fortnite content. HOWEVER, lol, it isn't a game that I would suggest trying to make content around to grow... So yeah again I agree, but if you love Fortnite feel free to make videos about it, but don't expect them to perform better than newer more niche games.

Reactions: Dayn Brian

Dayn Brian

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That was amazing and honest feedback. I would love to have you critique mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you! That critique on my channel was spot on![DOUBLEPOST=1538608445,1538608403][/DOUBLEPOST]

That is a good advice. Doing videos on Pokemon news could rank my videos better. Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1538608543][/DOUBLEPOST]
Good advice! I totally agree! As someone who regularly makes content around Fortnite - you can grow making Fortnite content. HOWEVER, lol, it isn't a game that I would suggest trying to make content around to grow... So yeah again I agree, but if you love Fortnite feel free to make videos about it, but don't expect them to perform better than newer more niche games.
I know what you mean. Fortnite is totally saturated right now, but not saying people can't make it in that niche. However true like you said, getting exposure from gaming like Fortnite, Pubg will be hard xD

Minyin Valarauco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First of all, I need to thank you for the honest, and awesome feedback you gave. You told me everything I needed to do and also make me feel like I'm not alone right now! Yes for now, I will be focusing on Pokemon related content because my pc is nowhere close to being a good pc, and also I love Pokemon that much! Your feedback also let me know that I had some sort of on camera presence that I was searching so deeply about!

Thanks again for all the suggestions, I will definitely do them!!
You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help a little.

Reactions: Dayn Brian

Minyin Valarauco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

That's what I figured about my own channel right now as well. The reason I don't have a lot of subscribers or people interested in my channel is because my first series is a game that not many people are aware of because it was on the original playstation and one of the first few RPG's for the console at the time. Also it was the only 1 made, never got a sequel. But I wanted to do it because it was a game I never finished playing with my old best friend in N.Y.. I'm doing a more popular one after it however, so that should generate some viewers. Because like you said, it's more common that people will be searching for or wanting to watch newer games or popular old games or series titles.[DOUBLEPOST=1538623988,1538618158][/DOUBLEPOST]
That was amazing and honest feedback. I would love to have you critique mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your wish was granted. I commented on 2 of your most recent videos. Which were actually done very well aside from 2 minor things. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Grmaleah

Grmaleah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Thank you so much for taking the time to go to my channel and critique two of my videos! I completely agree with what I need to improve on! Your feedback has helped build my confidence in my content... now to work on the presentation!

Reactions: Minyin Valarauco