How Can I Improve? All Constructive Criticism Welcome!

LewisPlays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I have just started YouTube and have been trying to upload reguarly, when I watch my videos back myself I cannot see what is wrong with them so I was hoping to get some help here on YTtalk. Please don't straight out hate, constructive criticism only :)

Thank you to all in advance!

RonnocX

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Number 1 thing I notice (and this is nit picking) is where your face cam is located. So in your face cam you're looking to the bottom right corner, but the actual location of the face cam is the top right of the video. Meaning it kind of looks like you're looking off the edge of the video. So switch sides :p Put it on the top left side so that it looks like you're looking at the game whilst playing it :)

Also you could probably play around with the cropping a little with the face cam so there isn't so much free space around you, this way it takes up less of the screen as well. The art around it however is nice!

Just with your channel as well, try and use one of the layouts where you've got the different tabs, this'll makes it easier to find all your videos! AND use playlists! Put your episodes for games in playlists so that it's easier for viewers to keep continuing on with the series etc.

Other than that, it's looking like a good start man! Keep it up :)

Reactions: LewisPlays

LewisPlays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Number 1 thing I notice (and this is nit picking) is where your face cam is located. So in your face cam you're looking to the bottom right corner, but the actual location of the face cam is the top right of the video. Meaning it kind of looks like you're looking off the edge of the video. So switch sides :p Put it on the top left side so that it looks like you're looking at the game whilst playing it :)

Also you could probably play around with the cropping a little with the face cam so there isn't so much free space around you, this way it takes up less of the screen as well. The art around it however is nice!

Just with your channel as well, try and use one of the layouts where you've got the different tabs, this'll makes it easier to find all your videos! AND use playlists! Put your episodes for games in playlists so that it's easier for viewers to keep continuing on with the series etc.

Yeahhh I use playlists :) what do you mean when you say layout of my channel :)[DOUBLEPOST=1488377438,1488377403][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeahhh I use playlists :) what do you mean when you say layout of my channel :)

RonnocX

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeahhh I use playlists :) what do you mean when you say layout of my channel :)[DOUBLEPOST=1488377438,1488377403][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeahhh I use playlists :) what do you mean when you say layout of my channel :)

Oh sorry yeah didn't notice the playlists :p
By layout I mean under your banner there's no links, it's just your Description... I added a file, I dunno if it'll help explain though :p I'm just using Pewdiepies channel as an example, notice how he has all the links like 'Home, Videos, Playlists etc.' and then has a featured video below... This is one of the Youtube layouts you can choose from... I'm by no means an expert on how to do it, I just think it makes the channel look a lot more spread out and easier to navigate :p

Attachments

Reactions: LewisPlays

LewisPlays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
By layout I mean under your banner there's no links, it's just your Description... I added a file, I dunno if it'll help explain though :p I'm just using Pewdiepies channel as an example, notice how he has all the links like 'Home, Videos, Playlists etc.' and then has a featured video below... This is one of the Youtube layouts you can choose from... I'm by no means an expert on how to do it, I just think it makes the channel look a lot more spread out and easier to navigate :p
Ah okayy thank you :) I'll have a look into that! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1488382022,1488381755][/DOUBLEPOST]Iv
I've changed it! Let me know what you think :)

Reactions: RonnocX