How can I get patreon supporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Pollack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You guys really seem to get off on posting every type of response under the sun except the suggestions and advice I actually requested in the OP, don't you?
Here's some advice: grow your YouTube channel to 10,000+ subscribers before thinking about Patreon. I would think 20K is really a better sized fanbase to start branching to Patreon (to really take advantage of it right off the bat) but I guess 10,000 could work too. You need a large following BEFORE starting Patreon. I've talked to lots of people that have Patreons, and they all said the traffic is generated from your own platforms and NOT from Patreon itself. Because of this, I'm waiting a bit longer before starting my own.

Reactions: Min/Max Munchking

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Because of this, I'm waiting a bit longer before starting my own.
So you aren't even basing this off of any personal experience. Just hearsay.

In that case, you're no more helpful than any of the other trolls on here who deciding to not even give me a straight answer.

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hahahaha, good luck! I hope all 445 subscribers and 140 views per day translate into a solid Patreon base!
That's 445 people who I could potentially get as patreon backers.

If you aren't going to help me figure out how to get at least a couple of them to support me, there's the door.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
So you aren't even basing this off of any personal experience. Just hearsay.

In that case, you're no more helpful than any of the other trolls on here who deciding to not even give me a straight answer.
...you have to offer something that's going to directly, momentarily matter to the person paying $X or $XX every month. Just saying you'll offer some half-defined custom service that THEY, the patrons, have to provide proof of purchase for places way too many obstacles in their mind. They have to come up with an idea first, then they have to pay you, then they have to further prove they paid etc. You have to be very specific with what exactly it is you offer. It's basically about making a sale, which ties to that perceived value that matters in the mind of your average customer, so you have to treat your Patreon page basically like a landing/sales page...
Yep. Totally trolling with that answer, even though it's based entirely off of my own personal experience with the specific 2 platforms of your interest. Not to mention more than a decade of experience selling my services and all sorts of digital goods online (copywriting, coding, Photoshop, Wordpress, web-design, automation scripts, traffic, e-books...)

Heck, even our niches are relatively close, so you could've just taken what I did and applied it to your own channel. But no, everything I said is "machine-made generic advice".

You disrespected me, dismissed everything I said and shat all over my genuine attempt to answer your question to the best of my own ability. You made 0, ZERO effort to spend a mere second of your time trying to understand new information presented to you. You basically want a cheat sheet that tells you all the answers and all you have to do is fill in the blanks like a drone.

That s**t doesn't exist yo. Get over it. If it was that easy, everybody would quit their day jobs and do it themselves.

So yes, rest assured I'll keep flinging crap back at you and have my little fun playing around with your obnoxious attitude and personality. As long as the mods/admins allow, which I doubt will last for long...

There's no helping you - you cannot be helped. You find flaws in everything, no matter what. You're the type of dude who would b***h and moan that the $100 bills aren't brand new and have traces of cocaine on them after cashing out your $1,000,000 lottery reward.

You dismiss every advice ever given to you in this thread, no matter how relevant and/or detailed it is. You then whine how nobody has given you any straight answer. Your sense of reality is so warped, your entitlement is stratospheric and your sense of self-importance is larger than the Solar system. The textbook narcissism makes you sound almost like a caricature.

You have obvious, deep personal issues you have to resolve first before anything else. The saddest part of it all is you're not even aware how monstrously flawed your own personality is, but that's the plight of all narcissists I guess...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tito Tims Videos

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Please be nice to each other. This thread is getting too heated, so it's been locked -- plenty of useful advice has been given. YTtalk also has the "articles and tutorials" forum section for additional advice on how to grow strong followings:

I wish you the best.

Reactions: Crown
Status
Not open for further replies.