Status
Not open for further replies.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I only have this attitude because you people have stubbornly refused to provide anything other than generic advice, despite me handing you the specifics of my channel and patreon page on a silver platter. Before anyone posted a reply (and therefore, before I even had the chance to get an attitude), nobody had any excuse for not clicking on the links provided, other than sheer laziness.

And I have no patience for lazy people.

As you can see from the comments I attached to my OP, I have gotten consistent praise for going above and beyond the call of duty with my videos, like attachment #10 and attachment #30, both of which specifically call attention to how much effort I put into my work, rather than just the quality of the work independent of effort. And no, I will not repost those attachments here, because if you're too lazy to scroll up to the OP and read those attachments, I see no reason to bother with you.

So I don't think I'm being a hypocrite when I expect other people to simply click on links when I provide those links on a silver patter for necessary context.

In other words, it was your laziness that made me so irritable, not the other way around.
The point of the Reviews and Channel Feedback forum is to receive feedback to help you gain new perspectives on your channel. People are inevitably going say stuff that isn't what you were thinking, or isn't what you want to hear, but that's the point of this forum section. It's to help you see beyond how good you think your content is, and to start thinking of ways to improve and optimize your channel. @Min/Max Munchking and @Tito Tims Videos are taking time out of their busy day to reply to your thread with ideas and strategies that work for them to help you start brainstorming ways to improve your own situation -- they are being the opposite of lazy because they are trying to help you. Don't shoot them down for not telling you what you want to hear, and please be more respectful to them for trying to help you.

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not shooting them down for not telling me what I want to hear. I'm shooting them down because they are too lazy to actually familiarize themselves with my situation before they start spouting off machine-made generic advice.

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not running a Patreon myself but I have seen a lot successful once and a lot unsuccessful once. From my experience when it comes to successful Patreons from smaller channels the key has been that they have spent a long time building a community. The channel have become more than just a place where people watch videos, it has become a place where the viewers not only interact with the channel but witch each other. Then when the Pateron is launched it becomes an extension for that community. Usually this is connected with that the viewers have built a deep connection with the creator, feeling like they are a part of the creators life and wanting to support the creator, maybe combined with the creator trying to go full time or part time with the channel.

When it comes to what creators offer for their Patreon it can vary a lot. But I believe common things are getting access to new videos early, getting behind the scenes videos, getting credit in the videos and having the potential to effect future videos and topics. It's hard to give any more concrete ideas without watching your channel and your community. But to my experience building a community where they want to help you out is a lot more important than the perks.

The size of your community is extremely important since no matter what you do, how fantastic your content are and the number of perks you offer only a fraction will become Patreon. To my experience it's usually around 10k subscribers where smaller channels who have focused a lot on building a community successfully manage to launch a Patreon. Of course there are exceptions and I have seen channels with only 2-3k subs do successful Patreons and I have seen multiple 100k+ subs failing on Patreon since they haven't build a community and a real connection with the viewers.

I have about 2.2k subs and I could probably post 1000 screen shots of comments with people interacting with me, thanking me for my consent, complementing me on my videos etc. But I know that if I started a Patreon right now I would probably not get a single one signing up for it. At least if would be less then 10 people. I checked out a few Patreos inside my YouTube niche and most channels that have about 50-70k subs seems to have around 100-500 Patreons depending on how much they have focused on building a community and integrating Patreon in that community.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not shooting them down for not telling me what I want to hear. I'm shooting them down because they are too lazy to actually familiarize themselves with my situation before they start spouting off machine-made generic advice.
What effort did you make to figure out whether my D&D content is tabletop or online?
0. Zero.
But you expect ME to go out of my way and spend time trying to figure out all the nitty-gritty of YOUR situation?
The little incentive I had to help you in the first place is now completely gone because you chose to be a total entitled knob and an a-hole. See, that's psychology, that's just how it works. But that's just "machine-made generic advice", so why would you even care, right?

Let me guess, you want somebody to take the time out of THEIR day and provide you with the knowledge and insights you DON'T posses to do something that will GUARANTEE results.
OK, that's perfectly fine. I'm still willing to familiarize myself with your situation.

One thing though. Pay me. I won't do it for free.

My rate is $50/hour. PayPal? PM me first. I'm not the one supposed to chase you, you're supposed to chase me. Just like your patrons are supposed to take another step, "just send you a screenshot" after they chuck $20 your way. After all, they're the ones that have to do the extra work for you, right?

Nothing is free in this world. Nobody owes you anything. Suck it up. Deal with it.
Nobody cares.

Good luck. You'll need metric craptons of it with that attitude.

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not the one supposed to chase you, you're supposed to chase me.
f*****g liar

If you're offering your skills and services for hire, you're supposed to advertise those services. That means you pay money (not charge it) to put ads out, and potential clients get to see those ads for free, and in fact, are supposed to get free stuff (such as youtube videos) in exchange for seeing those ads.

That's how "capitalism" works, dumbass.

So you want me to pay you $50/hr? Show me one of your ads that demonstrates that you're actually worth that rate.

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
You guys really seem to get off on posting every type of response under the sun except the suggestions and advice I actually requested in the OP, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.