How Can I Get More Subscribers?

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
Hey there, I've been on youtube for a while and have tried many strategies to get more views and subscribers. I have tried just about all of them for a while and none of them really seem to be working for me. Over a long time I have been gaining subscribers but at slow rate. Iv'e been trying to go round my videos and channel to spot out things that aren't working , but I can't really pin point what it could be.

And so I am asking if you could help me by going over to my channel and just briefly looking over my stuff and tell me what I need to change that would get me more views + subscribers at a faster rate. I'd very much appreciate it, thanks :) Notice- I don't mean to put anyone down with this thread, I just wan't some kind advice so if you are going to be negative in a bad way, please don't reply!

JustEpicShots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
im tired of hearing this myself, but you just have to work hard and keep upload as often as possible. there is no secret way to have lots of views....

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You need to understand that there is always something you can do - you've never "tried it all"
I could spend 20 hours a day working on just this channel, if I needed/wanted too.

Content is only half of it (i'd argue less than 10%) whereas what you need to focus on is promotion.
I don't normally check out people that post threads like this, but i'll go through your content in a few and msg you.

EDIT: Noticed you had 65k views, i'm not even going to bother.. threads like these really discredit and put-down the channels that are striving to get their first 1,000 views - I highly doubt you are going to get any positive feedback on this thread.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
You need to understand that there is always something you can do - you've never "tried it all"
I could spend 20 hours a day working on just this channel, if I needed/wanted too.

Content is only half of it (i'd argue less than 10%) whereas what you need to focus on is promotion.
I don't normally check out people that post threads like this, but i'll go through your content in a few and msg you.
cheers mate :)

epickoshon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
brodielawrence . You just need to upload upload and upload . You must put much effort on the clips ,then you will see.
If that doesn't work for you,then try sharing your video on many social networks.

JustEpicShots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
brodielawrence . You just need to upload upload and upload . You must put much effort on the clips ,then you will see.
If that doesn't work for you,then try sharing your video on many social networks.
Exactly, if it was easy than everybody would do it

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
I put about 4-7 hours into my videos with editing and shooting, sometimes it will take me more than 3 days when i'm editing short films. For social networks that is I don't really have much followers/friends on them (i'm not exactly a sociable person) but I guess i'm not going to complain I should be happy with what I have just now, I guess I need to just wait a little longer :)[DOUBLEPOST=1355957879,1355957412][/DOUBLEPOST]

EDIT: Noticed you had 65k views, i'm not even going to bother.. threads like these really discredit and put-down the channels that are striving to get their first 1,000 views - I highly doubt you are going to get any positive feedback on this thread.
well I don't mean to let anyone down but I feel recently my view rates are going down, i'm just trying to get advice like everyone else, it shouldn't matter if someone has loads of views or not, it should only matter that people can share their thoughts with each other to improve both of their channels

JustEpicShots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
YEAH, the youtube layout is screwing me over too...

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Far enough, I completely see and understand your point.
Your content is fine, it's watchable and I personally like it.

I'd focus on the promotion aspect now.

Check your keywords, think of phrases or words people use to find your videos and search them on youtube.
Are your videos in the First page? Second page?
Depending on the keyword you can be on the 5th page and still get loads of views so focus on finding the best keywords and seeing where you stand in the rankings.

Once you've sorted this out you need to optimize.
(I'm no expert when it comes to this and there are loads of resourceful people on here that can help you more than I ever could)
Focus your energy on getting on that first page - once you've done that all your hard work turns around and works for you with virtually no effort needed and it will bring traffic to your channel, which translates into subscribers, which then means you'll have a perpetually growing audience.

My views have tanked in the last 48 hours, if it's only the last two days for you i've heard from dozens of people it's messed up at the moment (and it always corrects itself).

nethervvoid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
65k views is pretty much 0 views BTW. When I had 65k views I was still a newb and had no clue what I was doing. Even now after I have 2 mil views I still barely know the secrets. There are still some I apparently don't know. 2 mil is IMO still pretty low.