How can I get custom thumbnails for my videos if I'm not a YouTube partner?

UnidentifedF00L

Bish Bash Bosh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i
They changed it so that anyone can be a partner with Youtube now.

As far as I know the only requirements to get custom thumbs are that you have to have your account in good standing for at least 30 days, and have monetization enabled on the account. It may take a while until you have custom thumbs enabled. I waited exactly 30 days for mine.

Many people confuse this with monetizing their videos. It is not. Just go to Channel Settings < View Monetization Settings > Enable Monetization.
Hey dude i cant find these settings? can you help me?

yt4lif3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
this is all Not True, I started YouTube 4 days ago... and Instantly I got monetization for my videos and you have this thing when you upload videos it says something like ''increase your limit'' you click on that and you then able to get custom thumbnails, I have them now that's how I know... and I started back with a new channel. I am a YouTube Partner. with both a banner, thumbnail and Revenue on my videos!! you can now apply for Online stream where you can record your videos live. I haven't got that as yet.. but hopefully I will do soon..

hope this helps you ComputerSarah[DOUBLEPOST=1374414220,1374414092][/DOUBLEPOST]UnidentifedF00L if you want send me ya username and Password and I'll sort it out for you. but send it in a Private message that way no one knows it. :)

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Yeah, I got the ability to use custom thumbnails as soon as I enabled monetization. I didn't have to wait at all, though that might be different for other people. XD

Kleineganz

Opinionated Vlogger and Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
this is all Not True, I started YouTube 4 days ago... and Instantly I got monetization for my videos and you have this thing when you upload videos it says something like ''increase your limit'' you click on that and you then able to get custom thumbnails, I have them now that's how I know... and I started back with a new channel. I am a YouTube Partner. with both a banner, thumbnail and Revenue on my videos!! you can now apply for Online stream where you can record your videos live. I haven't got that as yet.. but hopefully I will do soon..

hope this helps you ComputerSarah[DOUBLEPOST=1374414220,1374414092][/DOUBLEPOST]UnidentifedF00L if you want send me ya username and Password and I'll sort it out for you. but send it in a Private message that way no one knows it. :)
You become eligible to apply for live streaming after getting 1,000 subs.

Glutenfree4u

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
They changed it so that anyone can be a partner with Youtube now.
This kind of ruins it for us older YouTubers who worked very hard to become a YouTube Partner, now anyone and their grandma and apply and nearly always get accepted, I got almost Full Partnership a few months before the new "partner" program, and was so excited to get it, but now "Partner" doesn't mean that much anymore, since it's available to anyone, no matter if their content is outstanding or average.

yt4lif3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Kleineganz I'm sorry to disagree but this is not true, I have a mate of mine who has just over 50 subscribers and he uses Live stream every week so where does the 1,0000 subs come from? you sure you got your facts correct?

Kleineganz

Opinionated Vlogger and Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Kleineganz I'm sorry to disagree but this is not true, I have a mate of mine who has just over 50 subscribers and he uses Live stream every week so where does the 1,0000 subs come from? you sure you got your facts correct?
Are you sure your friend is doing the YouTube live stream, and not a Google Hangout (which you can do at any level of partnership)? As soon as I hit 1,000 subs *exactly* that was when I became eligible to apply to do YouTube livestreaming, and at that point I'd had my channel for 1.5 years.