How can I get custom thumbnails for my videos if I'm not a YouTube partner?

ComputerSarah

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I'm fairly new to YouTube, but I have a heard a little bit about what a YouTube Partner is. I heard that once you become a Partner, you can use custom thumbnails on your videos. What I don't understand is, I've seen people who aren't a Partner with custom thumbnails. How can I use these on my videos, since I'm nowhere near qualifying to become one.

Thanks guys!;)

Reactions: Tonio

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
They changed it so that anyone can be a partner with Youtube now.

As far as I know the only requirements to get custom thumbs are that you have to have your account in good standing for at least 30 days, and have monetization enabled on the account. It may take a while until you have custom thumbs enabled. I waited exactly 30 days for mine.

Many people confuse this with monetizing their videos. It is not. Just go to Channel Settings < View Monetization Settings > Enable Monetization.

Christopher Johnson

I Bring You Good Things!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You can be a partner with youtube and get custom thumbnails, as long as you have at least 2 videos uploaded and monetize, and your account is over 30 days old and all of your account is in good standing you are eligible for custom thumbnails

Luis Patino

I don't know
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Apply for monetization on your channel, within a few days you should be able to have the thumbnails.

Papa Derp Plays

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Don't you also need to link your adsense and Youtube accounts together? I forgot that part

Sirtoshi

That One Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist, Animator
Not sure how long it will take, though. In any case, just upload some stuff and ENABLE monetization on your CHANNEL. Then you're supposed to wait 30 days or so and it should enable. I've been waiting for FAR longer than that and I still haven't gotten it, but I'm guessing mine is a special case.

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
Nope. You don't need an Adsense account for custom thumbs. :)
True but you need to link your youtube account if you want ad's on your video and earn revenue from it but for custom thumbnails the user is right you don't need a adsense account in order to get custom thumbnails[DOUBLEPOST=1365459846,1365459744][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey guys!

So I'm fairly new to YouTube, but I have a heard a little bit about what a YouTube Partner is. I heard that once you become a Partner, you can use custom thumbnails on your videos. What I don't understand is, I've seen people who aren't a Partner with custom thumbnails. How can I use these on my videos, since I'm nowhere near qualifying to become one.

Thanks guys!;)
Also i forgot to welcome you to the forums i hope you enjoy it here i like to make sure all new members that i see come here are greeted by me:cool:

ShanSR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey I have a Youtube channel, and when I tried to monetize it, I realized that Youtube doesn't support my country or something like that, so that's mean I can't monetize -> can't have custom thumbnails!! That's very very awful, can I do anything else so I can set custom thumbnails??

ironwolf

I've Got It
Reaction score
If you enable monetization then you can enable custom thumbnails other then that you cant :p