How can a video with great feedback in comments have poor audience retention?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If the comments you get are overall about the quality of your video, they come mostly from video creators. And most video creators will only check your videos, if you post in forums where they hang around.
how would you know that??? the comments as I mentioned mostly came from facebook and emails from non video creators. I know this because I know how busy they are and how they don't make videos

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think it depends on the type of viewers you have. If you have viewers who put a lot of stock in getting positive attention from you or from each other, then they may be more prompted to be a little bit more effusive in their comments than a similar-sized community with people just, say, looking for information. So they may wax poetic about liking the video, but they may be visiting only to do that.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think it depends on the type of viewers you have. If you have viewers who put a lot of stock in getting positive attention from you or from each other, then they may be more prompted to be a little bit more effusive in their comments than a similar-sized community with people just, say, looking for information. So they may wax poetic about liking the video, but they may be visiting only to do that.
then how do I truly know if someone likes my videos? No one here still has explained to me why relative audience retention is higher

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
how would you know that??? the comments as I mentioned mostly came from facebook and emails from non video creators. I know this because I know how busy they are and how they don't make videos
In your last video, literally all the comments are from video creators. So... Yeah....

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
I get at least one comment per video, that they comment a generic comment, after only seen 10 sec of the video, tops!
Only to promote themselves, which is a big shame, that they don´t realise it doesn´t help them much at all!
Youtube is smart enough to know about this and actually punishes those spammers by lowering their rank on Youtube. That is why s4s is not helping you grow at all, aside from the subscribers not giving a crap about your videos and don't view them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I noticed you haven't uploaded a video in 7 months so I'm not sure why you are making such a fuss over it. And your video with 10k views has mostly negative comments - scathing even.