Horrible habit of saying "um"... I edit them out! Do you?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't edit mine out if I end up having a product review video or something like that where you are going to be going over a lot of points I write down the main points and what I'm going to say. I used to say um a lot! I still do say it but not as much as I used to . I gradually get better with every video.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I used to be quite quick and clear when I first tried youtube about 10 years ago but nowadays im a bit older and im terrible for stammers xD weirdly; I've found a good way to combat it is to write a script and then rigidly stick to it as much as I can, I'll occasionally re-word something in my script on the fly if I think it scans better but I almost never "Umm" or "Err" these days thanks to scripting :) admittedly it does make me sound a bit scripted but I find it a trade off worth living with :)

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Creating videos really made me realize how often I say "um"... it's become incredibly annoying for me to hear myself saying it... so much so that I have started to edit it out most of the time I say "um" LOL. Am I the only one here who does that? :)
that is me all day, i say "um" like a million and "anywhos" like a billion times lol, i am actually working on it though.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I prefer a free-flowing conversation. If I can hide a snipped-out ummm with b-roll, that's what I would prefer to do. Otherwise, I leave it in to teach me a lesson to get better. I'm pretty good with ummm but I do have a tendency to say 'right?' or 'right!' at the end of a sentence.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Christ, if you could see the raw footage of my videos you'd think I was having some sort of seizure with all the stuttering and messing up words! For reasons unknown I have real difficulty with certain words on camera. Words like 'description' 'subscribe' and 'vegetable' lol. I seem to muck them up! I took about 10 takes just to get out the sentence 'the ingredients are on the description below'