Riley Serola

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I've been doing the youtube thing for about 10 months now and i'd say my results are pretty mediocre.

Just a little background my channel is strictly about my food and travel journeys (mainly in London). At the time of posting this I have 90 subs.

I've seen some other channels with less views that have more subscribers.
So my question is am I doing something wrong?

Also, what is it about my content that requires improving that will ensure faster growth?

Side Note: I'm fully aware that I do not have a proper logo or banner. I'm not too concerned about that right now. What I require is genuine criticism about the content itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

iamvroom

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there, had a look at the channel and love the last video. I also think you have a lot of things you can do with the channel:

thumbnails:
I feel there is not much that entices people to click the thumbnails as there is very little action there, some of them have no text at all, others are difficult to read - I think you are leaving a lot on the table here.

branding:
I'd find it really difficult to come back to your channel as branding is non-existant. There is no info on how often you upload nor what the channel is about in the header. Even the faces of both of you are missing.

the videos are not branded at all. Even if I wanted to come back I wouldn't be able to since there is visually no cue as to what the channel name is.

intro:
in the bavaro beach video you start off with the parrot, missus does an intro and the music starts playing. How about putting a nice montage of 1-2 second shots with music first to get the people excited and then continue with the slower parts.

These are some of the thoughs while browsing the channel. Tell me if you have any questions.

Riley Serola

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for the pointers iamvroom. Regarding the branding I totally agree with you although as mentioned in my previous post I'm not too concerned about it only because its something I already know I'm lacking in and in the process of building on i.e. logo and banner. The montage idea is terrific. Took a look at your page and saw how bold your thumbnails are. Yes my thumbnails need more work. Moving forward I'll attempt to make them more bold and prominent.

It does sound like you don't have any criticism about the actual content itself though.

Reactions: iamvroom

iamvroom

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It does sound like you don't have any criticism about the actual content itself though.
I feel the content is of enjoyable quality.

Now you can see that as two things - bad becasue it doesn't make me go "wow", or good because it is on par with more popular channels. As far as conent goes I feel there is always something to improve.