Honest feedback/review of my channel?

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey all,

I'm starting to take my channel a lot more seriously than something I 'upload to occasionally'. What are peoples thoughts on it as a whole? Layout, thumbnails, channel art, video quality etc.?

I'm leading my channel into vlogging and music covers and I'm looking for things to improve on. I've spent a good couple of hours updating some of my thumbnails and I'm now looking on what else needs improving. I've had my channel for a good while but with very little payoff, which I think has mainly been down to my neglect in the past and not really knowing how to promo my videos?

Anyway, enough rambling- What are peoples honest reviews on my channel? What can I improve on and what am I doing okay?

Thanks in advance!

speakpixels

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello! First thing I notice is your header should detail what your channel is about and what do you do. I wouldn't know what your channel is about from just the header with the heart on it. Your thumbnails can be a bit bolder the text on many of them kind of fades into the background and maybe be a little more descriptive in your about section. I also checked out some of the tags you're using on one of your videos " Can You Feel The Love Tonight" try to target long tail keywords like "Can you feel the love tonight Elton John Cover" instead of "elton john" and " can you feel the love tonight" etc.

Reactions: Bethanyjbee

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello! First thing I notice is your header should detail what your channel is about and what do you do. I wouldn't know what your channel is about from just the header with the heart on it. Your thumbnails can be a bit bolder the text on many of them kind of fades into the background and maybe be a little more descriptive in your about section. I also checked out some of the tags you're using on one of your videos " Can You Feel The Love Tonight" try to target long tail keywords like "Can you feel the love tonight Elton John Cover" instead of "elton john" and " can you feel the love tonight" etc.
Thanks for the advice! I'll edit my tags and stuff soon - I'm still getting the hang of them!

Magicturtle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with the above regarding your thumbnails. They should be more engaging in some way. For example if you want to use your face in the thumbnail, smile! Smiles make curious and happy. Apart from that your channel looks clean and I like that.
It seems about 1-2 months ago you were posting pretty consistently. And thats extremely important to keep being consistent.
Hope this helps!

piaiscool

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey all,

I'm starting to take my channel a lot more seriously than something I 'upload to occasionally'. What are peoples thoughts on it as a whole? Layout, thumbnails, channel art, video quality etc.?

I'm leading my channel into vlogging and music covers and I'm looking for things to improve on. I've spent a good couple of hours updating some of my thumbnails and I'm now looking on what else needs improving. I've had my channel for a good while but with very little payoff, which I think has mainly been down to my neglect in the past and not really knowing how to promo my videos?

Anyway, enough rambling- What are peoples honest reviews on my channel? What can I improve on and what am I doing okay?

Thanks in advance!
Hi there! I stopped by your channel and it seems that you already know what your niche is!
That's good. As for branding, I think your banner is clean and simple but maybe add more details on it.
My channel art only has my name on it, but I put things that I like in the background so it's more poppy.
Also, thumbnails might need bigger, bolder fonts so people can read it easy and would want to click on it more.
Like your thumbnail for "Somewhere Only We Know", the fonts are really small.
Sound quality and video quality aren't bad at all!

just keep posting! youtube is a learning process. :D
I hope I helped! :*

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there! I stopped by your channel and it seems that you already know what your niche is!
That's good. As for branding, I think your banner is clean and simple but maybe add more details on it.
My channel art only has my name on it, but I put things that I like in the background so it's more poppy.
Also, thumbnails might need bigger, bolder fonts so people can read it easy and would want to click on it more.
Like your thumbnail for "Somewhere Only We Know", the fonts are really small.
Sound quality and video quality aren't bad at all!

just keep posting! youtube is a learning process. :D
I hope I helped! :*
I agree with the above regarding your thumbnails. They should be more engaging in some way. For example if you want to use your face in the thumbnail, smile! Smiles make curious and happy. Apart from that your channel looks clean and I like that.
It seems about 1-2 months ago you were posting pretty consistently. And thats extremely important to keep being consistent.
Hope this helps!
Thanks to both of you! :) Am in the process of editing the thumbnails so hopefully they'll look better!