Honest constructive feedback?

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey YouTubers and bloggers, I have a small gaming channel which I have been putting a lot of effort in for a few months now, and I would like to know what YOU think, and how YOU would enjoy it more.

Thank YOU, to everyone wanting to share some constructive and honest feedback. Much appreciated.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpnhEJLlu4ffKwj9La74ZCg

Electricbrae

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey there! First off I just wanna say the effort you've been putting into your channel is very apparent, it looks amazing! The appearance of the channel is very clean and organised, your thumbnails look lovely in particularly you're Starbound ones which are very eye catching! Your channel art is spot on too. I love that your channel has a very clear theme; you know what to expect and a channel full of just exploration and adventure games is a very appealing idea!

You're Starbound episodes are really strong in terms of editing, you seem to be super organised while recording which really makes for a much smoother video. I feel like your Raft videos could maybe use a little more in the way of editing? That game is fairly repetitive so it's hard to keep interest when running back and forth collecting things.

I think in terms of what needs improving its your commentary; Not to say its bad! Far from it! I just feel like you are maybe lacking a little in confidence? You have some really funny moments (when you rode the shark and practised stabbing I laughed) but a lot of the time your videos feel very 'how to play' like when you're clearly a funny dude and seem to be almost holding back? Like in you're most recent video- Dude totally tell your viewers why you thought you would get super jump! Fun, creative insights into your mind and personality are great to listen too. Your commentary is at its best when you're in the heat of the moment enjoying a game and your personality shines through a lot more.

Confidence I think will come with practice :) Good luck with future videos and I look forward to watching more of them :)

(Out of curiosity, what do you use record?)

Ps. I should mention I'm not the most experienced youtuber but I have worked on other channels as an editor and content creator on the sidelines before and studied Digital Media so I hopefully have some useful insights!

Last edited:

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Electricbrae, you don't know how much that means to me and the confidence that it gives. Those are some of the best things I have ever hear about my channel or the effort I put in it and I thank you greatly.

I definately have a lot more to give and I know sometimes I am holding myself back, probably because I am not too sure how far to go, which as you said will come with practice and trying new things out along the way. I will certainly be editing the Raft videos more. As you said, there is not too much gameplay to explore as it is very repetitive, but it can have many funny moments.

I am currently using OBS Studio to record both audio and video, its free and I have tried many more, however I have found that it is the best. The audio is recorded through a Blue Yeti which I was lucky enough to get from a friend.

Thank you again :D

Reactions: Electricbrae