Honest Channel Feedback

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What is happening guys, I hope you're all doing well?

So I run a photography/cinematography channel where I upload a new video every Sunday morning. I specialize in making videos where I teach and help my viewers to improve their photography, cinematography and editing skills.

Will you be so kind to head over to my channel, browse through and give me some really honest criticism? I am not looking for any sugar coating but rather an honest review so I can really work on perfecting my flaws.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the effort. This will help a lot!

TCME

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
really nice slick channel man, I have no idea about the topic so you could be telling me anything and i wouldn't know any different, a very enthusiastic Whats up guys, which i hear is trendy, but i'm having trouble getting into it, I think youll do very well if quality stays at this level.

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You absolutely have to be South African, am I right? Great channel man. I like the fact that your tutorials are short yet concise. I'm so tired of watching 30 minute long tutorials that leave you even more confused than you were before watching them. High quality videos, enthusiastic host, catchy thumbnails and a great choice of background music too. I don't really think there's too much you need to change. Keep it up boet. You'll go far :)

Janell

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Hendrick,

I checked out your channel and I think your channel is great.

I included my recommendations below:

Playlist Related: Try creating some playlist based off the software being used. For example: Photoshop Related or After Effects Related

Channel Trailer: Great info about your channel. Perhaps add some B-Roll that can articulate the topics your channel provides.

Channel Art: I love the name of your channel and your logo. But have you considered adding more color to your art banner? When you think of a photography/Editing Channel, you think of vivid pictures or tricked out Video Effects. You channel art should give your audience a taste of what they are about to learn when looking at your videos.

These are just my thoughts, Hope it helps!

Janell

piaiscool

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What is happening guys, I hope you're all doing well?

So I run a photography/cinematography channel where I upload a new video every Sunday morning. I specialize in making videos where I teach and help my viewers to improve their photography, cinematography and editing skills.

Will you be so kind to head over to my channel, browse through and give me some really honest criticism? I am not looking for any sugar coating but rather an honest review so I can really work on perfecting my flaws.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the effort. This will help a lot!
Hey there! I really feel like everything looks good on your channel. The branding is simple, but straight to the point. Maybe if you want to attract more people, I suggest making the banner brighter and more pop-y? But that's only a suggestion! Your thumbnails are good esp. with the photoshop tutorial but I also suggesting being consistent with the thumbnail style so when people see an overview of your uploads that they will see some unity in them. You did good in the first few video thumbnails, but the format disappeared after. Your video quality is good and the content is helpful and amazing! Great ideas!

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
really nice slick channel man, I have no idea about the topic so you could be telling me anything and i wouldn't know any different, a very enthusiastic Whats up guys, which i hear is trendy, but i'm having trouble getting into it, I think youll do very well if quality stays at this level.
Thank you so much for the feedback! I struggle with my words all the time haha, I just do them over and over again until it sounds right. Your feedback is appreciated![DOUBLEPOST=1504592848,1504592756][/DOUBLEPOST]
You absolutely have to be South African, am I right? Great channel man. I like the fact that your tutorials are short yet concise. I'm so tired of watching 30 minute long tutorials that leave you even more confused than you were before watching them. High quality videos, enthusiastic host, catchy thumbnails and a great choice of background music too. I don't really think there's too much you need to change. Keep it up boet. You'll go far :)
Haha you sir, are correct. I certainly hope I will get there someday and get a good following on my channel. I don't mind getting a million subscribers (which would be nice though) just a good number of people who follow me and who is interested in my videos/content. Thanks for the support!

Reactions: ItsBeeRay

Mastertv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Amazing channel man! Was not expecting such a overall final product. i'm also intro photography and film making so i'll be glad to check you out from time to time!

Reactions: Hendrik Kapp

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Amazing channel man! Was not expecting such a overall final product. i'm also intro photography and film making so i'll be glad to check you out from time to time!
Wow, thank you for the positive feedback man!! I really appreciate it.

Hey there! I really feel like everything looks good on your channel. The branding is simple, but straight to the point. Maybe if you want to attract more people, I suggest making the banner brighter and more pop-y? But that's only a suggestion! Your thumbnails are good esp. with the photoshop tutorial but I also suggesting being consistent with the thumbnail style so when people see an overview of your uploads that they will see some unity in them. You did good in the first few video thumbnails, but the format disappeared after. Your video quality is good and the content is helpful and amazing! Great ideas!
Thank you for the great feedback!! I will certainly have a look at adding some more colors to my banner. I wanted something plain and simple so people go through my channel and social media with ease.

mysticmotel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Hendrik! Right away, I notice the simple "aesthetic" of your channel gives off a clean, concise vibe (in a very positive way). This leads me to believe viewers out there looking for these tutorials will be relieved to see non-cluttered, straight to the point videos (your thumbnails give this off as well). I know I certainly appreciate that.

Keep up the good work!

Reide

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
First of all your music is quite loud in your trailer compared to your voice.
Aesthetically its appealing and I am your target audience so I subbed.