Okami

You've got decent content
Speak clear in your Uploads
Upload regularly
Promote
Stay active in social media
Thumbnails are good
Banner and Icon are great
you tag the absolute s**t out of every video with everything under the sun you can think of
But you just can't get over this hump

Thats where i'm at. 14 (non active) subs in 6 months with about 28ish videos. regardless of sub and vid count we all hit that wall eventually. what do you do to overcome it? what do you change? what do you evaluate? where do you go from there?

I know what you are talking about. I reached a certain Level of growth and Basically thats it. Nothing has changed over the last couple of months....
also my learning learning curve is flattening and I dont know how to improve....

Try to edit more. Cut all these "uhmm"s.
Don't place the intro in the beginning, but grab the audience attention in the first seconds and only after that place the intro - if you think it's even needed, you might even go better without an intro at all.
Lastly - promote even more, that's hard job, but once you get some views and warm comments, you'll get the motivation shot needed to keep going and after you did so much promotion and got a lot of audience, they will do the promotion job for you ;)

Your thumbnails look good. But how much research are you putting into your titles? Do you use Tubebuddy to see how strong all your tags are? I try to find tags with high ratings and consider using that as my titles. I randomly chose some of your titles and couldn't find any that got good ratings. But there's plenty of things you can do to to improve. You can start researching other platforms like Reddit, do some live streaming like Periscope and Blab, participate in Facebook groups and other Fan pages, comment on other videos, participate in forums, start writing blogs, make new friends in real life and get them to support. I personally try to introduce my channel to 5 new people minimum daily. Then there is also being realistic, and assessing your contents and if people actually want to watch your types of videos. If there's someone in your niche whose producing the same or similar contents and succeeding, then you might want to reverse engineer everything that person does, or find a way to interview that person.

My first videos 2 months ago were just getting 40-50 views the first 2 days. I gave it my all and that's all I got. Then I did a lot of research like what I mentioned above and now if I get less than 400 within a few days span, I consider it a failure. I am still daily looking for ways to improve. Hope this helps.

Your thumbnails look good. But how much research are you putting into your titles? Do you use Tubebuddy to see how strong all your tags are? I try to find tags with high ratings and consider using that as my titles. I randomly chose some of your titles and couldn't find any that got good ratings. But there's plenty of things you can do to to improve. You can start researching other platforms like Reddit, do some live streaming like Periscope and Blab, participate in Facebook groups and other Fan pages, comment on other videos, participate in forums, start writing blogs, make new friends in real life and get them to support. I personally try to introduce my channel to 5 new people minimum daily. Then there is also being realistic, and assessing your contents and if people actually want to watch your types of videos. If there's someone in your niche whose producing the same or similar contents and succeeding, then you might want to reverse engineer everything that person does, or find a way to interview that person.

My first videos 2 months ago were just getting 40-50 views the first 2 days. I gave it my all and that's all I got. Then I did a lot of research like what I mentioned above and now if I get less than 400 within a few days span, I consider it a failure. I am still daily looking for ways to improve. Hope this helps.

It defintely helped! But im not even getting one view within that time frame. Anyone thats viewed my videos are people ive asked to. Outside of that theres absolutely no traffic. Ill give what your saying about the titles a try though and see if that helps!

Also use hashtags when promoting, this will extend your reach some, I upload, share, then just socialize a ton, I don't get awesome views but extending my network is important for future growth.

Try to edit more. Cut all these "uhmm"s.
Don't place the intro in the beginning, but grab the audience attention in the first seconds and only after that place the intro - if you think it's even needed, you might even go better without an intro at all.
Lastly - promote even more, that's hard job, but once you get some views and warm comments, you'll get the motivation shot needed to keep going and after you did so much promotion and got a lot of audience, they will do the promotion job for you ;)

I use to have problems with "Uhmms" I recently discovered that I replaced it with "Let's see"

You say that you're "tagging the absolute s**t out of every video with everything under the sun you can think of", so I decided just to check your latest video to see the SEO metadata:

1) There is no description. It's literally just the standard boilerplate "Please like, subscribe, and comment".

2) Title is not optimized. You're optimizing for "StarFoxZero" (as one word), when I'm guessing the game's title is not just one word. youtube will autocorrect a search for "starfoxzero" to "star fox zero," in which case your title is not a direct match...as a result, all things being equal in terms of analytic data (although, keep in mind...it's not), youtube would prefer a title with "Star Fox Zero" which is an exact match, over "starfoxzero" which is an indirect match.

But even more, the title of any game is not optimal...it's very generic. You need to say more about what this is. Is it a review? Is it a strategy guide? Is it a fan based parody? You might think to yourself: "well, it's obviously episode 5 of a let's play"...but youtube doesn't KNOW that if you don't put that in your metadata (title, tags, descriptions).

But even worse...you've got to consider your niche. In this case, "Game Title" is not optimized...there are too many videos using that. But even "Game Title Let's Play episode number" is likely to be saturated with a lot of different videos. I ultimately can't decide what content you want to produce, but if you're going to compete with something that a lot of other people are doing, then that's going to be more difficult than trying to do something different.

3) Tags are not optimized. You have a lot of single word tags like "grumps" and "game", which youtube will interpret as if you're reaching people searching for those single words. But even if you meant to type "game grumps" instead of "game" and "grumps"...that's not what your content is about. (you do have a tag for "gamegrumps" all as one word though, but still...that's not what your content is about.) You do have a tag for "star fox zero", but again, you have no tags for what the video is: "star fox zero let's play" or "star fox zero gameplay" or whatever. So you're competing not just with every other star fox zero let's player, but every person making a star fox zero video *at all*.

All of the stuff above is before anyone has ever seen anything in your video. But if you don't have the basics of metadata down, then I don't see how you think people are going to find your video. Yeah, you can try posting it on websites and social media, but if you don't have organic traffic through search, then that's going to be a very manual process to try to get traffic.

You say that you're "tagging the absolute s**t out of every video with everything under the sun you can think of", so I decided just to check your latest video to see the SEO metadata:

1) There is no description. It's literally just the standard boilerplate "Please like, subscribe, and comment".

2) Title is not optimized. You're optimizing for "StarFoxZero" (as one word), when I'm guessing the game's title is not just one word. youtube will autocorrect a search for "starfoxzero" to "star fox zero," in which case your title is not a direct match...as a result, all things being equal in terms of analytic data (although, keep in mind...it's not), youtube would prefer a title with "Star Fox Zero" which is an exact match, over "starfoxzero" which is an indirect match.

But even more, the title of any game is not optimal...it's very generic. You need to say more about what this is. Is it a review? Is it a strategy guide? Is it a fan based parody? You might think to yourself: "well, it's obviously episode 5 of a let's play"...but youtube doesn't KNOW that if you don't put that in your metadata (title, tags, descriptions).

But even worse...you've got to consider your niche. In this case, "Game Title" is not optimized...there are too many videos using that. But even "Game Title Let's Play episode number" is likely to be saturated with a lot of different videos. I ultimately can't decide what content you want to produce, but if you're going to compete with something that a lot of other people are doing, then that's going to be more difficult than trying to do something different.

3) Tags are not optimized. You have a lot of single word tags like "grumps" and "game", which youtube will interpret as if you're reaching people searching for those single words. But even if you meant to type "game grumps" instead of "game" and "grumps"...that's not what your content is about. (you do have a tag for "gamegrumps" all as one word though, but still...that's not what your content is about.) You do have a tag for "star fox zero", but again, you have no tags for what the video is: "star fox zero let's play" or "star fox zero gameplay" or whatever. So you're competing not just with every other star fox zero let's player, but every person making a star fox zero video *at all*.

All of the stuff above is before anyone has ever seen anything in your video. But if you don't have the basics of metadata down, then I don't see how you think people are going to find your video. Yeah, you can try posting it on websites and social media, but if you don't have organic traffic through search, then that's going to be a very manual process to try to get traffic.
Im still trying to understand the whole SEO thing. I noticed on a couple of other high end channels they were adding names of channels that did similar videos to theirs as tags. In fact A LOT of channels do it from what i saw, but i should have reviewed those tags before imitating what i saw i suppose. If you know or have any info on SEO data id really appreciate it. Also do descriptions of whats being played really help with uploads?

Back