Hitting a Wall

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All the feedback you've got in this thread is pretty valid, but just to add a few things:

If you're hoping to grab views from search results, look at your thumbnails, and ask yourself: "What is going to make someone click on this video versus any other video in the search results?" I feel like thumbnails are going to be more important than titles (not to say titles are not important). Like the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Look at how the bigger gamers on YouTube structure their thumbnails, and take note as to how varied and fun they look.

Also, for subscribers you already have; if you want more views, it might actually be a better strategy to post every other day, or even only two or three times a week. Give yourself time to edit the videos to the best of your abilities, to make them as entertaining and fun as possible. Less videos a week are going to give each video more time to shine. If a person misses your videos for a week or so, they only have two or three videos to catch up on, rather than seven. Or two weeks, only four or six, rather than fourteen. When you're so small, with a small audience, you want to be careful not to drown them with a whole bunch of content to watch. I know this is contrary to really huge YouTubers like PewDiePie or Jacksepticeye, but if you want more views, I am positive this will work for you. Even with those guys, think about how many more views each video would generate if they only posted a few times a week. Since the demand is much higher than the supply, the people are going to run to what little supply is there, which is why posting less = more views for each individual video.

Sorry for making this so long, but I hope you got something out of this! I make comedy skits, and am most definitely not a gamer, but as someone who still uses YouTube as a platform, I hope I am still able to share some helpful information! Good luck with your channel, friend.
Thanks! It's good stuff to keep in mind. I like to use the best screenshots I can, but I'm figuring out a way to brand my thumbnails with something more than my icon lol.

I think right now I'm more worried about catching up to my massive backlog of videos to edit, but yeah, I've seen people leave right when I started daily uploads twice now. It's an odd phenomenon because if you think about it, they liked you til you did more of your show or whatever you do? I get that people get overwhelmed, but it's not a requirement or law that you have to watch everything. People are weird.