Hitting a Wall

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
I dunno how to really ask this, but it seems like I struggle to even get 5 views per video at times (or even 1, not counting me editing things). I know my descriptions are a bit lacking (tried doing a book before and saw no change at all really), but I just wanna ask, has anyone else hit a wall at a low sub/view count and seen themselves get stuck there for a long time, and if so, what specifically helped? I feel like I've tried everything and I just wanna know if this is normal. I get ignored a lot irl, so it feels like bad luck lol.

Hey daniel. It's totally normal. You have only 136 subs and you can't expect a whole bunch of views. But one thing you can do is try to create on-trend videos, i.e. videos people search for the most at the current time. I'm sure you'll understand.

Hey daniel. It's totally normal. You have only 136 subs and you can't expect a whole bunch of views. But one thing you can do is try to create on-trend videos, i.e. videos people search for the most at the current time. I'm sure you'll understand.
Thanks for the advice. Sometimes I try to play newer games and even that will end up with 0 views lol. But I also try to tow the line, because all the big guys are doing that game too, even if I get to it first. I don't really expect too many views being as small as I am, I just get really scared after too many videos are only getting views from me when I edit something.

I should also add that all but a few videos over 100 got that without promotion.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Sometimes I try to play newer games and even that will end up with 0 views lol. But I also try to tow the line, because all the big guys are doing that game too, even if I get to it first. I don't really expect too many views being as small as I am, I just get really scared after too many videos are only getting views from me when I edit something.

I should also add that all but a few videos over 100 got that without promotion.
Try live streaming and grabbing subscribers from it...

Just a very quick observation maybe you video titles. I get why you start the title with dipthroughs but its not going to be a term anyone yet searches for since your still a small channel & people searching videos may find it off putting. Perhaps put dipthroughs at the end of the video title and the game name at the front?

Just an observation though, i'm also a very small channel so don't really know what im talking about haha :-D

Try live streaming and grabbing subscribers from it...
Yeah I need to do it at normal human times. I work evenings though, so that kind of kills it.

Just a very quick observation maybe you video titles. I get why you start the title with dipthroughs but its not going to be a term anyone yet searches for since your still a small channel & people searching videos may find it off putting. Perhaps put dipthroughs at the end of the video title and the game name at the front?

Just an observation though, i'm also a very small channel so don't really know what im talking about haha :-D

No, you'e right lol. I thought about that but kind of wonder how effective it will be. I might though. Definitely not expecting a magic switch or something. I just worry because of how hard it's getting to even scrape a few views here. I've picked stuff at varying stages of relevancy and results are all over.

Yeah I need to do it at normal human times. I work evenings though, so that kind of kills it.

No, you'e right lol. I thought about that but kind of wonder how effective it will be. I might though. Definitely not expecting a magic switch or something. I just worry because of how hard it's getting to even scrape a few views here. I've picked stuff at varying stages of relevancy and results are all over.

Yeah i think there just isn't really anyway around it other than to fight for every view and sub, in the hope that eventually you'll start to get enough momentum for things to start to pick up and get going

there are peaks and troughs in terms of activity on youtube...at the moment apparently were at a low enagagement point...these things happen, its like a wall goes up around smaller channels content because everyones busy with christmas prep it takes all the time away from when they could be surfing...you just gotta Mike Tyson that wall man, get a good solid schedule and smash it with your bear hands. then when traffic on youtube picks up again you'll have a good solid channel just waiting to be found :)

Thanks to the both of ya. I guess I shouldn't worry to much. I'll keep on plugging away at it. I might even keep the daily uploads up. Maybe they'll get discovered later if there's more of them.

All the feedback you've got in this thread is pretty valid, but just to add a few things:

If you're hoping to grab views from search results, look at your thumbnails, and ask yourself: "What is going to make someone click on this video versus any other video in the search results?" I feel like thumbnails are going to be more important than titles (not to say titles are not important). Like the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Look at how the bigger gamers on YouTube structure their thumbnails, and take note as to how varied and fun they look.

Also, for subscribers you already have; if you want more views, it might actually be a better strategy to post every other day, or even only two or three times a week. Give yourself time to edit the videos to the best of your abilities, to make them as entertaining and fun as possible. Less videos a week are going to give each video more time to shine. If a person misses your videos for a week or so, they only have two or three videos to catch up on, rather than seven. Or two weeks, only four or six, rather than fourteen. When you're so small, with a small audience, you want to be careful not to drown them with a whole bunch of content to watch. I know this is contrary to really huge YouTubers like PewDiePie or Jacksepticeye, but if you want more views, I am positive this will work for you. Even with those guys, think about how many more views each video would generate if they only posted a few times a week. Since the demand is much higher than the supply, the people are going to run to what little supply is there, which is why posting less = more views for each individual video.

Sorry for making this so long, but I hope you got something out of this! I make comedy skits, and am most definitely not a gamer, but as someone who still uses YouTube as a platform, I hope I am still able to share some helpful information! Good luck with your channel, friend.

Back