• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Hit the 1k subscriber mark!

DigDug

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok so the YouTube homepage isn't showing it... but according to socialblade.com I finally hit 1,000 subs. It's surreal because I never really expected to get beyond 5. :) This thing started out as a fun experiment with my kids and has kinda taken on a life of its own.

I've learned a ton since starting the channel, and realize that I've got SO MUCH left to improve on, but I've got a list... I'm working through it... and I'm still having fun. :)

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Great work. A lot of people say that they see growth increase significantly after reaching this milestone. It will be interesting to see if that is indeed the case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sk Jony

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thats awesome man! hop eto keep you seeing more post from you in here :3

Reactions: Sk Jony

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so the YouTube homepage isn't showing it... but according to socialblade.com I finally hit 1,000 subs. It's surreal because I never really expected to get beyond 5. :) This thing started out as a fun experiment with my kids and has kinda taken on a life of its own.

I've learned a ton since starting the channel, and realize that I've got SO MUCH left to improve on, but I've got a list... I'm working through it... and I'm still having fun. :)
Hi there. Congratulations on your success! I feel the same way about my kids channel. We are learning so much along the way, things we never knew were part of all this. Of course, there is still so much to learn, it's only the beginning

What do you find that is working best for you ? Social media? SEO? Titles? Tags? I'm sure it's a combination of all but is there one in particular that stands out. Or something you didn't know of before but now you do?

DigDug

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmmm... good question.

Here's a much longer answer than you asked for. :)
  • I think it's probably true that I unwittingly stumbled into a niche that was kind of blowing up. So that helped!
  • And I'm a bit of a marketing and a tech geek so I went in wanting to do all the Branding, SEO, Titles, Tags, Etc ... at least reasonably well. I'm sure that has helped too.
  • I also work pretty hard to leverage social media (a big one in the gamer world is discord) to connect with viewers. I love "Tribe" building and that's been a really fun part of the journey so far.
  • But the biggest thing... Staying engaged with the channels in my niche that I admire. I learn so much just watching those channels, I get some traffic came from interacting with them too but that's not WHY I interact with them. And at this point I'm in pretty well with them. YouTubers I would have previously considered "huge" are now doing videos with me. We're chatting on skype for cryin' out loud. That's obviously been a huge help. Yes with generating traffic, but also in just having that mentorship available.
  • Then there are channels with similar subscriber counts as mine - I stay engaged there too. I collab with them when we can. It's less huge from a traffic perspective, but it helps get me out there. (and it's fun!)

• The collabs are great from a networking & branding perspective. I've not had one result in HUGE numbers but they've always been valuable. (don't get me wrong some have been significant, but not huge). Having said that... I've got two collabs tentatively setup this week. One with a similarly sized channel, and one with a much larger channel. I'm looking forward to any potential bump in subs/views, but more than anything I'm just jazzed to be doing it. :)
What about you?
You're growing super fast too!

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmmm... good question.

• I think it's probably true that I unwittingly stumbled into a niche that was kind of blowing up. So that helped!
  • And I'm a bit of a marketing and a tech geek so I went in wanting to do all the Branding, SEO, Titles, Tags, Etc ... at least reasonably well. I'm sure that has helped too.
  • I also work pretty hard to leverage social media (a big one in the gamer world is discord) to connect with viewers. I love "Tribe" building and that's been a really fun part of the journey so far.
  • But the biggest thing... Staying engaged with the channels in my niche that I admire. I learn so much just watching those channels, I get some traffic came from interacting with them too but that's not WHY I interact with them. And at this point I'm in pretty well with them. YouTubers I would have previously considered "huge" are now doing videos with me. We're chatting on skype for cryin' out loud. That's obviously been a huge help. Yes with generating traffic, but also in just having that mentorship available.
  • Then there are channels with similar subscriber counts as mine - I stay engaged there too. I collab with them when we can. It's less huge from a traffic perspective, but it helps get me out there. (and it's fun!)

• The collabs are great from a networking & branding perspective. I've not had one result in HUGE numbers but they've always been valuable. (don't get me wrong some have been significant, but not huge). Having said that... I've got two collabs tentatively setup this week. One with a similarly sized channel, and one with a much larger channel. I'm looking forward to any potential bump in subs/views, but more than anything I'm just jazzed to be doing it. :)
What about you?
Hooray for you! That's awesome! Hmm...
That's weird your channel link isn't opening up when I click on it. It says channel doesn't exist.

I never thought of doing collabs with anyone since my channel is about my son and his Adventures. I think it might be a little harder to manage when there's kids involved better yet when there's a 2 year old involved !

Wish you the best! Keep it up!

Sk Jony

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congratulation your new milestone.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congratulations on your milestone, and thanks very much for the insight into how you achieved it!

CharlieeLou

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Congratulations!! I bet that must feel really good! Keep working hard and I'm sure you ll go a long way :D

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hmmm... good question.

What about you?

That's great to collaborate with other channels, how does one go about seeking collabs? I would love that and this forum has been helpful for me with advice from wonderful YouTubers.