Status
Not open for further replies.

SamsTVVloggity

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey guys,

So I was wondering something:
Does anyone actually hire an editor to edit there videos for them?

I thought of this a while ago because I sometimes wondered how some YouTubers produce so much content and seemingly do all the work.

OR,

Do they hire and pay an editor to edit the videos for them?

As someone who wants to work as an editor, I am very interested in the prospect of being an editor for a YouTuber, so I am wondering if anyone knows if many YouTubers actually hire editors ??

Thanks Guys.

Reactions: FrankCos

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Some YouTubers do, yes. JoeyGraceffa, for example, doesn't edit his videos. Shawn Green (https://twitter.com/aHeroesHeart) does.

I personally don't see the point, unless your life is just way to busy that you can't edit your own videos.

I don't think i'll ever hire an editor. I may not like the editing process, but I don't think someone else should edit them for me...

SamsTVVloggity

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Some YouTubers do, yes. JoeyGraceffa, for example, doesn't edit his videos. Shawn Green () does.

I personally don't see the point, unless your life is just way to busy that you can't edit your own videos.

I don't think i'll ever hire an editor. I may not like the editing process, but I don't think someone else should edit them for me...
That's a fair point actually. Guess I'm one of the few who enjoys editing.

FrankCos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Interesting subject, Sam. Like KGA says, it definitely happens. ;)

The trick, I think, is finding an arrangement that works for both parties. Will the editor maintain the creator's style and level of quality? Is the creator providing adequate compensation, be it financial or otherwise?

In my opinion, an editor is the first person a YouTuber should hire once they're able to consider such a thing.

SamsTVVloggity

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Interesting subject, Sam. Like KGA says, it definitely happens. ;)

The trick, I think, is finding an arrangement that works for both parties. Will the editor maintain the creator's style and level of quality? Is the creator providing adequate compensation, be it financial or otherwise?

In my opinion, an editor is the first person a YouTuber should hire once they're able to consider such a thing.
Great answer man. I know exactly what you are saying about keeping with the creators style.
Thanks for responding

Reactions: FrankCos

Daewn Gamesby

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Jacksepticeye and Markiplier have their own editors, and are quite good friends with them.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Our videos are VERY edit-heavy and currently take about 5 days to complete .. I do all the editing but have been THINKING about hiring an editor but my problem would be getting the hours of footage to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.