Highest quality editor for free?

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I know that it's a lot to ask, but I was wondering if there were some good editors out there that did some great things without me having to pay for it? (like GIMP is to photoshop, very similar- but free)
I've heard around about HitFilm's free version and how it's good, but I haven't looked to much into it yet. I just wanted some opinions. I was using Movavi video editor- which I did pay for, but it was pretty limited for an editor that you have to pay for, also the laptop I was using for videos is SOOOOOOO SLOOWWW now so I can't use it anyway.

Anyway, I just don't have the money to get things right now- so I just want the free options that give me the best chance/ most varied options to give my videos the best chance. I know that most of them probably won't have a lot (or else people probably wouldn't pay for the ones that do) but maybe you guys know some things that I don't?

No watermarks too... I can't stand that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Claudio Varela

Claudio Varela

Reaction score
I know that it's a lot to ask, but I was wondering if there were some good editors out there that did some great things without me having to pay for it? (like GIMP is to photoshop, very similar- but free)
I've heard around about HitFilm's free version and how it's good, but I haven't looked to much into it yet. I just wanted some opinions. I was using Movavi video editor- which I did pay for, but it was pretty limited for an editor that you have to pay for, also the laptop I was using for videos is SOOOOOOO SLOOWWW now so I can't use it anyway.

Anyway, I just don't have the money to get things right now- so I just want the free options that give me the best chance/ most varied options to give my videos the best chance. I know that most of them probably won't have a lot (or else people probably wouldn't pay for the ones that do) but maybe you guys know some things that I don't?
Try hitfilm for pc and kinemaster for android for edit video and pixellab for channel art thumbs etc for android

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CristyTango

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The only two I can think, are far from open, start, use,
but still they are easy to work with after some practice

free version of Davinci resolve, (if your laptop can handle)

also, Kdenlive Libre Video Editor (this is light but in Linux OS)

:)

edit: ooops! there is also a stable windows edition for Kdenlive Libre Video Editor!

Reactions: CristyTango

AnimeSpry

Reaction score
Even though videoeditgr mentioned it I'd still recommend davinci resolve. It does have a bit of a learning curve if you're not used to it's lay out and menus but once you get used to it it's very good. I use it now since I don't want to pay a monthly fee for Adobe products.

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been using Shotcut. It's free and pretty easy, but it does have stability issues and can run very slow.