High CTR is making me nervous.

TheAmberFiles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ever since they updated the Youtube video page layout, I've noticed I've been getting a lot more clicks on my ads. This is great, right? Well, I hear horror stories of Google banning Adsense accounts without warning because their CTR is too high and they get suspicious.

Currently, my CTR is 6.81% and it rises a little more almost every day. I almost want to disable my ads for the rest of the month if it continues to rise. I don't get a lot of views and I'm pretty sure all the clicks are coming from humans, but I don't know who is clicking my ads so much.

Will my Adsense be safe?

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Adsense is never safe IMO. And once it's banned you can never become partner with that channel.

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What is your normal click thru rate? That's usually what sets off a red flag. If you're usually at 5% and it goes to 6 or 7, that's not usually an issue, but if you jump to 15-20%, then expect them to audit where all those clicks came from.

TheAmberFiles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What is your normal click thru rate? That's usually what sets off a red flag. If you're usually at 5% and it goes to 6 or 7, that's not usually an issue, but if you jump to 15-20%, then expect them to audit where all those clicks came from.
My CTR last month was 4.20% and it's never really been higher than 5% I think.[DOUBLEPOST=1355635828,1355635795][/DOUBLEPOST]
Adsense is never safe IMO. And once it's banned you can never become partner with that channel.
I could never associate another Adsense account with my channel? :/

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you're really worried about it, email them and ask about it. You want to create some kind of paper trail within the system that shows you didn't just sit back and do nothing if they decide there's any wrongdoing. My guess is that there's nothing to worry about. Based on the number of daily views you have, it doesn't take a huge number of clicks to jump from 4% to 7%-it would only take about 3-4 clicks per day.

TheAmberFiles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you're really worried about it, email them and ask about it. You want to create some kind of paper trail within the system that shows you didn't just sit back and do nothing if they decide there's any wrongdoing. My guess is that there's nothing to worry about. Based on the number of daily views you have, it doesn't take a huge number of clicks to jump from 4% to 7%-it would only take about 3-4 clicks per day.
I don't exactly know who to email about this.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's the holidays > more relevant advertising > more clicks. It's normal and as Wreckless Eating it would only be bad if it went up to above 15 or so