Hiding Subscriber Count - Yay or Nay?

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have less then 10 subscribers. Is it better to let the world know this or keep it hidden until I get more? Also, would you subscribe to a channel where you don't know the amount of subscribers they have?

I'm curious. Let me know what you think!

OldNotDead

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm for showing the subscribers. Everyone started at 0. So most people know what your are going through. Most can tell by the number of views even if you don't post your subscribers on how large you are. I like to think smaller creators will help each other out by subscribing and growing (if you are somewhat interested in their content).

Cheers,
Scott

Reactions: Quick Question

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm for showing the subscribers. Everyone started at 0. So most people know what your are going through. Most can tell by the number of views even if you don't post your subscribers on how large you are. I like to think smaller creators will help each other out by subscribing and growing (if you are somewhat interested in their content).

Cheers,
Scott
That's all I needed. Thank you Scott! Good luck to you :D

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't be ashamed of having few subscribers, everyone started at 0 subscribers, people subscriber mostly for content, and not for the sole reason of adding another digit to a mass subscriber count. Put it out there. If your quality is higher than what is expected for your subscriber count, people are given more of an incentive to subscribe.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's really a matter of opinion but it think hiding subscribers always seems a little bit strange since you can probably work out the amount of sub someone has by the amount of views they have.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's up to personal desire. If you don't want others seeing your sub count, then hide it.
Personally, I don't hide my sub count despite how low it is, I just own and hopefully grow from it.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I personally see nothing wrong with hiding the subscriber count. But I know when I click on a channel I am always curious to how many subscribers they have. Whether big or small channel. We all got to start somewhere anyways. I enjoy leaving mine open because I love seeing it grow. Plus your subscribers who have been with you since the beginning can also say, "I knew you when you XXX amount of subs," and they feel proud about that.
I'm sure all of us can say that about a big Youtuber these days. I've been watching James Rolfe aka Angry Video Game Nerd since he had 200,000 something Subscribers back in 2008. Those kinds of comments (if true) can make any Youtuber happy. =] But again it's up to you really.