Hide Sub Count?

AaronSonyi

Reaction score
I feel like having a low sub count(I'm currently at 192) can discredit you from viewers taking you seriously. Like they might think you have a low count because you're not worth subbing to.

I was wondering if anyone's hidden their sub count when they were small(under 1000 subs) and what kind of affect it had?

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I look at it the other way around. I think there is more of a negative perception when hiding it, that's just my opinion though as a viewer, my channel is still very small but I rather show it.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This gets asked a lot. Do what you feel comfortable with basically. I'd keep yours shown now but you would undoubtedly have got to your first 100 faster if you'd hidden your count imo. People can be very shallow in their thinking and don't want to feel they are on their own. If you've got 1M subscribers however it attracts mindless sub link presses.. monkey see monkey do.

luckee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hide it if you don't want to feel pressured by numbers of subscribers like I do. I have 30k right now and I hide my subbies, I want to see if my future subscribers will subscribe to me even if they don't know how many subbies I have. I tried before to show and hide it, I don't see any difference at all. Good luck and happy new year :)

Reactions: AaronSonyi

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say don´t hide your sub count.. You got nothing to hide and all of us started up from zero and that´s how it is:) You also see a lot of channels with far less than 192 subscribers so dont worry about it:) If people like your videos they will subscribe and share you content no matter what:up2: Good luck with it all:)

Reactions: AaronSonyi