Hi fellow gamers!! I have a gaming youtube channel and would really love to know your opinion? ☺️

PreetiSketch

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi I'm Preeti!

I'm pretty new to the world of creating YouTube content so I'm interested in getting some advice in regards to it. I started my channel a month ago and have 8 subscribers at the moment. I'm aware that's not much by the fact that 8 people would even want to keep up to date with my content is incredible!! Of course I'm still learning and vowed to uploading one video a week. I also create custom thumbnails for all of my videos and I solely play on PS4.

How do you think I can improve my channel?

My channel at the moment it is mainly Apex Legends focused but I will put up videos of other games in the future. Since Monster Hunter World is one of my favourite games, I am planning on uploading gameplay of the Iceborne dlc once it releases! Do you think it would be worth starting a new game and recording my Monster Hunter World gameplay from the start to get ready for the dlc release? Other games I own, to name a few are Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, Shadow of the Colossus, Dark Souls 3, etc.

Any advice you could give me would be extremely appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to read this it means so much to me!!

Thank you all! ☺

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxg-ATCKERNRSG87bgjhoqA

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Coucou,

Gaming Channel here! It pretty much depends on the strategy you would like to follow and if you are doing this just for fun or you would like to focus on growth, you know... taking YouTube more seriously!

So far your channel is doing great (more views than subscribers) but the hype for APEX is pretty much over at this point, you can clearly see this in Google Trends.
That doesn't mean you need to change content, there's still a large audience that will like your videos and you can still grow a lot... just take into account that since hype is over growing a channel will probably take time.

Playing a new game is like starting a new channel. People who subscribed for APEX, well guess what? they want to watch APEX videos. Making content of a completely different game will hurt your channel a little bit and changing all your content overnight might kill your channel. Your channel is small and that's the best part... you can experiment all you want, so if APEX isn't giving you the growth you think you deserve changing game might be a good idea.

If you can draw/design your own thumbnails that's a big big PLUS. If you wanna grow, forget the rest and just focus on the title of the video, thumbnail and of course your content. Let's Play channels are pretty much dying unless you are a goddess in the game/ female shroud it will take time for people to find your channel. If you don't wanna do tips/tricks videos then make sure your titles and thumbnails are really attractive and see what APEX viewers are looking for.

With only 300 views it's pretty hard to know what your audience wants so at this point you should just focus in experimenting and finding a niche within a niche. Another tip is that gaming female streamers usually do better than gaming female youtubers. They usually grow their twitch and once they have an audience they start uploading videos so that's another strategy you could take.

All of these tips are for growing a gaming channel. If you don't care about growing your channel and you just want to game and have fun then you don't need advice, just do whatever makes you happy and try different things, you never know when a video will blow up.

Ohh and last thing, add something to your About section and make sure your channel has some tags, that also helps to be found! Good luck fellow gamer and have an awesome day!
GV

Reactions: PreetiSketch

PreetiSketch

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for your advice! I am doing this for fun but I do want to grow my channel. I do intend to play other games such as Monster Hunter since it's my favourite game and the new dlc is coming out soon so I was planning on making videos about that as well as apex. I don't intend to stick solely on Apex but for now it is my main game.

My time is limited for when I can play and record so streaming seems kind of impossible at the moment. It's rare that I get a quiet moment because of family! I'm also kind of shy too. I wouldn't exactly know where to start too. I think for now I'll stick with YouTube. Who knows maybe in the future I'll stream.

I completely forgot about the about section so I'll be sure to write something. Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it. Also sorry for replying late. I only just saw your comment.

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Overall your channel looks great right now! The thumbnails are high quality and interesting, your channel scheme looks well designed. My input would be to stick to 2-3 games max. You don't want to be putting out too many different types of games at one time. In many cases it is harder on you and when you only post 2-3 games at one time you give your viewer a few but not too many options. Most gaming YouTubers do this and stick to 2 games at one time. Usually they will also throw in a vlog. But like I said, your channel looks fantastic.

Reactions: PreetiSketch

PreetiSketch

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Overall your channel looks great right now! The thumbnails are high quality and interesting, your channel scheme looks well designed. My input would be to stick to 2-3 games max. You don't want to be putting out too many different types of games at one time. In many cases it is harder on you and when you only post 2-3 games at one time you give your viewer a few but not too many options. Most gaming YouTubers do this and stick to 2 games at one time. Usually they will also throw in a vlog. But like I said, your channel looks fantastic.
Thank you!! I can see how that would be too much pressure. Since my time is limited to film keeping three games up and going would be pretty hard for me. Probably require me to upload more than once a week too. But I can only really do it once a week to keep on top of it. But thank you again for your advice