Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice about monitrising my channel

Cheekybru

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been running small (3.5k subs) youtube channel for 6 months now, by basically taking existing footage I have found on youtube, and cutting it up and putting music behind it

I know this is slightly naughty I always list sources etc (I know that makes no difference) and I would obviously remove a video straight away if I got a request

Most of my videos are copyright claimed by the artist of the music, (they have started putting ads on my more successful videos)

I now have started paying a small lisence fee (5 pounds a month) to one of the record lables involved, to green light my channel to monitrisation using their tracks, But the visuals are all obviously "Stolen" from somewhere or other, although all have passed the oriignal checks the youtube software does when you make a video public

Do I risk my channel being blocked or removed if I click the "Monitrise" button for the first time (NOT monitrising a video yet, just clicking the start of the monitrising process) or do I just keep it all demonitrised for ever do you think?[DOUBLEPOST=1542216343,1542216297][/DOUBLEPOST]I Would also LOVE to talk to an experienced youtuber via PM or something, if someone could I would realllly appreciate it as I feel lost and confused about a lot of things lol thank you for reading guys

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Based on what you have said, I'd estimate the probability of your channel being approved for monetization is close to 1%. YouTube wants original content.

I Would also LOVE to talk to an experienced youtuber via PM or something
That's not really how forums work. Discussions here go in public threads so that everyone can view them and take part if they so choose. :)

Reactions: videoeditgr

Cheekybru

Reaction score
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Based on what you have said, I'd estimate the probability of your channel being approved for monetization is close to 1%. YouTube wants original content.

That's not really how forums work. Discussions here go in public threads so that everyone can view them and take part if they so choose. :)
Thank you for the prompt reply, and your advice, I get that, some small part of me was thinking about doing screen grab vid guides of video editing which would be the new footage when I have more subscibers etc, but sounds like this will not be an option judged on what you say

Thanks again[DOUBLEPOST=1542223082,1542217493][/DOUBLEPOST]Do you think it is a risk trying?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think the few times that using clips you didn't create is generally acceptable is when your providing commentary. like say you have a video discussing something and you show a short clip of it and provide commentary on the clip say like a personal opinion or how its relevant to what your discussing ect, at that point I believe it falls under fair use. what your doing is generally frowned upon and if your not adding something of value to the clip I don't think you have much chance of being able to monetize and risk having your channel deleted for duplication.

just my uneducated over priced 2 cents worth.

Lukas Kade

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Jordan from channel Bye 9 - 5 said he reuploads at least 5 videos a day on 3 different Youtube channels about sports highlights, news, and wrestling and last month he got paid $51K from Google so how come he does not get demonetized or deleted? I say Youtube is showing favoritism towards the high earning channels.

Attachments

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Simple. Either he hasn’t been caught or he’s doing more than just reuploading clips with new music.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Jordan from channel Bye 9 - 5 said he reuploads at least 5 videos a day on 3 different Youtube channels about sports highlights, news, and wrestling and last month he got paid $51K from Google so how come he does not get demonetized or deleted? I say Youtube is showing favoritism towards the high earning channels.
I just checked out this guys channel. He actually brags about how much money he makes from YouTube and shows his bank account, where it clearly shows about USD 37,000 paid in by google.
His main channel is not exceptionally successful, with just under 10K subscribers, but I suspect that he puts a lot of time and effort into his other multiple channels that re-upload content. He will eventually get demonetised, it's just a question of time...but he will probably consider it as being worth it for the short term gain.
What I object to about his video, is that he encourages other people to do the same as him. To make that kind of money I highly doubt it is as easy as he makes out, and in any case it's a very short-term strategy. It is never a good idea to bite the hand that feeds you!

My BS meter is off the scale with this guy, I'm sure there is a LOT more to him than meets the eye.