Hey guys, How can i improve my channel?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys Connor here. I'm just after a few bits of advice as i would like to know what i can do to improve my channel quality?

1. Is my content entertaining, and, gripping enough to be considered "Decent Quality"?
2. What can i do to appeal to a wider audience?
3. What could i do to attract more subscribers?
4. How can i retain an audience and up my average watch time?

Thank you very much for reading, i hope you can help! Connor

Minyin Valarauco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I watched one of your vids, the 1st in the series of batman arkam asylum. The video quality was great, a little laggy, but you at least made note of that and apologized for it. Nothing you could do anyway, has to do with the performance of your computer, can only use what you've got right. It was often very hard to hear you, don't be afraid to speak louder. When it gets to parts that have text or speech, narrate the text or speech for the viewer so they don't have to read it themselves. Are you not able to use the sound of video games in your country? If you can, it would be best to do that instead, this way if the game has audio speech for characters just let it talk. If you can't, like I said narrate the text/speech and find a free to use song that goes with the theme of the game, otherwise long periods of nothing can be very boring. Getting a wider audience is hard so far that I've experienced, just post and promote yourself anywhere and everywhere you can think of and obey their rules and become invested in the places you promote to by replying to comments and making posts on more than just video drops. To attract more people comes from them being able to hear something being said or sounds keeping them engaged. If you can only put your own voice, that means you have to talk louder and more often and narrate. Also comment on likes/dislikes of the game and your experience with it as it's happening. Also to retain an audience, you need to be more consistent with your episodes, don't jump around to 10 different games in a month. If you honestly don't like the game and don't want to play anymore, that's fine, just inform them in the next video playing the new game. But try to actually play through something instead of jumping around from game to game so much. If you get the time, I'd appreciate your thoughts on mine in youtube. My avatar is the same as here and my username is Minyin Valarauco. I'm currently playing through an old PS1 game called Beyond the Beyond, it's my first game series on my channel since I'm so new. I feel like I should have started doing this a long time ago, like in a way I think I missed the party bus a little with where other gaming youtubers are right now and the restrictions they put on small time and new youtubers the beginning of this year. I hope my suggestions help you out.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I watched one of your vids, the 1st in the series of batman arkam asylum. The video quality was great, a little laggy, but you at least made note of that and apologized for it. Nothing you could do anyway, has to do with the performance of your computer, can only use what you've got right. It was often very hard to hear you, don't be afraid to speak louder. When it gets to parts that have text or speech, narrate the text or speech for the viewer so they don't have to read it themselves. Are you not able to use the sound of video games in your country? If you can, it would be best to do that instead, this way if the game has audio speech for characters just let it talk. If you can't, like I said narrate the text/speech and find a free to use song that goes with the theme of the game, otherwise long periods of nothing can be very boring. Getting a wider audience is hard so far that I've experienced, just post and promote yourself anywhere and everywhere you can think of and obey their rules and become invested in the places you promote to by replying to comments and making posts on more than just video drops. To attract more people comes from them being able to hear something being said or sounds keeping them engaged. If you can only put your own voice, that means you have to talk louder and more often and narrate. Also comment on likes/dislikes of the game and your experience with it as it's happening. Also to retain an audience, you need to be more consistent with your episodes, don't jump around to 10 different games in a month. If you honestly don't like the game and don't want to play anymore, that's fine, just inform them in the next video playing the new game. But try to actually play through something instead of jumping around from game to game so much. If you get the time, I'd appreciate your thoughts on mine in youtube. My avatar is the same as here and my username is Minyin Valarauco. I'm currently playing through an old PS1 game called Beyond the Beyond, it's my first game series on my channel since I'm so new. I feel like I should have started doing this a long time ago, like in a way I think I missed the party bus a little with where other gaming youtubers are right now and the restrictions they put on small time and new youtubers the beginning of this year. I hope my suggestions help you out.
Hey dude, i really appreciate your criticism. I Agree i need to narrate the text but the problem i had was i wasn't very good at reading out loud. I have been practicing this though and i think i'm getting better, my last three videos have actually been scripted and i am really enjoying that method. In regards to the fact that i jump around so much... I am still getting a feel for what direction i want to take my channel. I have recently being thinking i would like to do reviews more, so i'm actually trying to maintain my focus on that. Lastly, for sure i will check out your channel. i'll drop a comment on one of your videos with my thoughts.

Minyin Valarauco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey dude, i really appreciate your criticism. I Agree i need to narrate the text but the problem i had was i wasn't very good at reading out loud. I have been practicing this though and i think i'm getting better, my last three videos have actually been scripted and i am really enjoying that method. In regards to the fact that i jump around so much... I am still getting a feel for what direction i want to take my channel. I have recently being thinking i would like to do reviews more, so i'm actually trying to maintain my focus on that. Lastly, for sure i will check out your channel. i'll drop a comment on one of your videos with my thoughts.
Thanks so much for stopping by my channel and giving me some good feedback, I appreciate it a lot. Thinking about your comment to my comment makes me think that maybe I should think about scripting for my videos as well. I want to make it more on the spot, but often that makes my commentary a bit lacking I seem to notice. I hope I was able to help you out and give you a nudge in the right direction. It seems like you really have gotten a lot better. I went back and listened to some that you've put out recently and from when you said you put out 3 that were scripted, really great improvement on commentary man. Awesome job, keep it up. I liked your review of BF 1 and the changes you did and did not like in medic class as well as how you felt about the game control between 1 and 3 vs 2.

Reactions: Bantams Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks so much for stopping by my channel and giving me some good feedback, I appreciate it a lot. Thinking about your comment to my comment makes me think that maybe I should think about scripting for my videos as well. I want to make it more on the spot, but often that makes my commentary a bit lacking I seem to notice. I hope I was able to help you out and give you a nudge in the right direction. It seems like you really have gotten a lot better. I went back and listened to some that you've put out recently and from when you said you put out 3 that were scripted, really great improvement on commentary man. Awesome job, keep it up. I liked your review of BF 1 and the changes you did and did not like in medic class as well as how you felt about the game control between 1 and 3 vs 2.
Yeah man, and thanks a bunch too you aswell. you really helped me, and what i will say about scripting videos is that it makes them feel a lot nicer to make and makes you and your audience see the jump in quality. thanks again man

Reactions: Minyin Valarauco