Here's a quick tip for those who want to be successful on YT

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hey guys. After being here on YT talk for less than a day I've realized that a lot of people have the wrong approach on Youtube.
"I want to be Youtube famous and make a ton of money. I want to have that easy Youtube life."
And so this mind set leads to a lot of these type of questions. "How can I get more followers faster? Should I buy followers? Hey can you guys check out my channel?"
Let me tell you this right now. If you guys are thinking like this, you will go literally nowhere. If you ACTUALLY want to become a Youtuber you should ask questions such as "How can I improve on my videos?"
So if you actually want to be a content creator. You should always be finding ways to improve on your videos. Don't worry about the numbers. That stuff is a byproduct of your hard work on your videos. If you are just looking for the views and money, then Youtube is defiantly not the right thing for you. Your just going to be wasting your time crying over the numbers.

Outss

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think it's good to take pride in content quality but i am not sure if its entirely down to improvement. Some people make the best stuff and no one knows them! I think consistent uploading is more important, although still acquiring an element of skill also.

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I think it's good to take pride in content quality but i am not sure if its entirely down to improvement. Some people make the best stuff and no one knows them! I think consistent uploading is more important, although still acquiring an element of skill also.
yea im with you. Consistent uploading is extremely important. Thats a part of improving your videos. I just find it sooo annoying when people start asking about how they can get more followers.

Reactions: Outss

DBTech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Reviewer
I originally started my channel to share a hobby I had. Then I took it a different direction entirely. Then I got my head wrapped up in the numbers. Now I'm working more on creating content that I want to create and improving my process and the quality of my videos and I'm enjoying it WAY more now that I did in the past :)

Reactions: Ryan Ng

Waylay_Brigade

Reaction score
What Ryan says is true you have to put love into what you do to help people love your content. At the same time though these days if you don't upload on a regular basis people tend to forget about you because of ever shortening attention spans. Of course not every youtube viewer wants to allot and would rather put on one long lets play to just sit down and watch. It's a balancing act of making contents that you can be proud of and show that you are dedicated by not only uploading once every couple of months. It can also help to be active with your fanbase by being active in the comments or making some youtube buddies and supporting other channels. The final point of this is you should make something you are proud enough to show off and want to and try to share it with as many people as you can.

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I originally started my channel to share a hobby I had. Then I took it a different direction entirely. Then I got my head wrapped up in the numbers. Now I'm working more on creating content that I want to create and improving my process and the quality of my videos and I'm enjoying it WAY more now that I did in the past :)
Thats honestly amazing. I made the same mistake as many of these people. I think i actually fell into a depression. But now I just focus on getting better as a filmmaker and its amazing.[DOUBLEPOST=1500146580,1500146497][/DOUBLEPOST]
What Ryan says is true you have to put love into what you do to help people love your content. At the same time though these days if you don't upload on a regular basis people tend to forget about you because of ever shortening attention spans. Of course not every youtube viewer wants to allot and would rather put on one long lets play to just sit down and watch. It's a balancing act of making contents that you can be proud of and show that you are dedicated by not only uploading once every couple of months. It can also help to be active with your fanbase by being active in the comments or making some youtube buddies and supporting other channels. The final point of this is you should make something you are proud enough to show off and want to and try to share it with as many people as you can.
Yea i agree with you. Consistent uploading is extremely important. But if you think about it, it is a part of improving on your videos. If you don't make any videos at all and post once every month. That gives you less of a chance to get better.

Reactions: DBTech