Help with SxS/trail riding channel

SoFloSXS

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping there might be a few others here that do offroading/mudding/SxS channels and could give me some advice as to how to keep it interesting? you get hours and hours of footage of riding trails. But most people don't seem content watching 20 minute long videos of trail riding. There are some highlights.. like going really deep or almost rolling it, but how to make it pop more? Maybe editing effects?

I'd love to hear how you do your channel and what you found works best.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Our channel is all off-road (4x4) videos.. We keep it interesting by creating different formats of videos: “Reality TV”, “cinematic”, “Information”, “fast paced/music”.. and probably a few more.. Video lengths range from 1 minute to 20 minutes..
No matter what the style/length, some asshat will still complain about it though..

Reactions: SoFloSXS

SoFloSXS

Reaction score
Our channel is all off-road (4x4) videos.. We keep it interesting by creating different formats of videos: “Reality TV”, “cinematic”, “Information”, “fast paced/music”.. and probably a few more.. Video lengths range from 1 minute to 20 minutes..
No matter what the style/length, some asshat will still complain about it though..
I'll check out some video's and see if I can figure it out.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I just checked out your channel, it is the sort of content I would enjoy watching.

I thought the video quality was excellent, but here are a few suggestions:

I watched your latest upload, the first two minutes were compelling but I lost interest because the video told me nothing at all about the vehicle, the track, or about you. You desperately need to add details to your video, whether you do that by using on screen text or by getting yourself in front of the camera and talking. Better still, do both. Tell me something about the sport, about what makes that vehicle different from others, and about how it handles. If you can afford to, get a go pro to film the driver so that you can add some footage of the guy behind the wheel too. If you can't, film it separately.

Take some still shots while you are out filming. Your channel art and thumbnails are dreadful, especially considering what a fun and exciting sport you are covering. Get some shots with mud flying through the air, the car speeding through a puddle or kicking up dust, and then use the best one for your thumbnail and use the best of the best for your channel art - that currently looks like it is advertising the vehicles for sale.

In my opinion a channel such as yours has all the ingredients of being very successful and it is easy to see how you could monetise very well (and I'm not referring to adsense). You just need to work at it a little harder, be consistent, and use all the best practice advice that this forum is full of.

Best of Luck with it!

Reactions: SoFloSXS

SoFloSXS

Reaction score
I just checked out your channel, it is the sort of content I would enjoy watching.

I thought the video quality was excellent, but here are a few suggestions:

I watched your latest upload, the first two minutes were compelling but I lost interest because the video told me nothing at all about the vehicle, the track, or about you. You desperately need to add details to your video, whether you do that by using on screen text or by getting yourself in front of the camera and talking. Better still, do both. Tell me something about the sport, about what makes that vehicle different from others, and about how it handles. If you can afford to, get a go pro to film the driver so that you can add some footage of the guy behind the wheel too. If you can't, film it separately.

Take some still shots while you are out filming. Your channel art and thumbnails are dreadful, especially considering what a fun and exciting sport you are covering. Get some shots with mud flying through the air, the car speeding through a puddle or kicking up dust, and then use the best one for your thumbnail and use the best of the best for your channel art - that currently looks like it is advertising the vehicles for sale.

In my opinion a channel such as yours has all the ingredients of being very successful and it is easy to see how you could monetise very well (and I'm not referring to adsense). You just need to work at it a little harder, be consistent, and use all the best practice advice that this forum is full of.

Best of Luck with it!
that's some great points, I'll work on this and I could really do with a lot better pictures. Thank you :)

I kind of did captions in the 18-minute video if you haven't watched it yet try checking it out I tried to add more personality into that one then ditched it.