Help with sound!

NastyMcRib

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Guru, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Every time I record a gameplay video my my internal microphone (assumed internal microphone) records as well as my webcam and I can't single out the speaking audio in my editing software. Please help with suggestions

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Every time I record a gameplay video my my internal microphone (assumed internal microphone) records as well as my webcam and I can't single out the speaking audio in my editing software. Please help with suggestions
Could you give us some info on what you're using to record? And maybe include some screenshots of your current settings?

Reactions: MC'01

NastyMcRib

Reaction score
Channel Type
The only microphone settings I've found so far are will you allow these apps to use it, or calibrate it with speech. It's a windows 10 asus lap top, I've turned the mic off on steam, GeForce share and I have the mic disabled in the sound options in the recording section.[DOUBLEPOST=1489433089,1489433019][/DOUBLEPOST]I literally have to mute my webcam video and sync it with my gameplay video. Would getting a microphone stop this?

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Go to your taskbar and right click the speakers / headphones button. Select recording devices. Disable all microphones that you don't want to record on (your webcam and internal mic will both be up there.) That way you only pick up one mic no matter what. Easy Peasy.

Reactions: Kristeen

NastyMcRib

Reaction score
Channel Type
That would be awesome, I'll give it a try