Help with rendering in 1080

WhitenightMD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys. I recently purchased a Logitech c930. I used OBS to record the footage, and Steam licensed Sony movie studio to edit and create it. Once I upload the videos to YouTube, 720p is the highest resolution available for viewing. Does anyone know of any threads or videos on how to make sure all the settings are correct throughout the entire process to make for the highest quality video possibly?

Eyan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Make sure OBS is recording in 1920x1080 and that your editing software is exporting in 1920x1080. Your probably either recording in 1280×720 or rendering in 1280×720.

If you're still having issues, then maybe there's a YouTube setting that limits the max view able resolution on your videos. I think I remember seeing that somewhere in the settings before.

Reactions: WhitenightMD

Aerdian

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use Adobe Premiere Pro and I've edited, rendered, and exported a few videos in 1080p and have had no issues. Maybe your recording software is set to 720p?

WhitenightMD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Make sure OBS is recording in 1920x1080 and that your editing software is exporting in 1920x1080. Your probably either recording in 1280×720 or rendering in 1280×720.

If you're still having issues, then maybe there's a YouTube setting that limits the max view able resolution on your videos. I think I remember seeing that somewhere in the settings before.
Thank you! I think I have it figured out. I'm pretty sure that was the problem. My new issue is trying to make sure my words match up with my mouth haha.

Eyan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
That's easy. Set off a part of the video you will cut off, and count down verbally then do something in real life/in game. For example, with live action video, snapping your fingers before you start the video (while recording) could be a good syncing point.