Help with new Laptop

Asap Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, I am trying to buy a new pc. Does anyone know a laptop with these specs under $500.
I would really really appreciate it.
  • AMD A10-7800 3.5 GHz Processor
  • 12 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 2 TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
  • Integrated Graphics
  • Windows 8
  • I would love it if it has a video card (Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 MB)
  • thanks you really if anyone can find me a laptop with these specs for $500

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You definitely won't find it for that price because i'm looking for something similar only with i7 processor and don't care bout storage cuz i got external HDDs and i'm having hard times to even find it under $1000. talking about laptops specifically not desktop computers.

CommMatt

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This isn't the reply you're looking for (I'm sorry) but I don't think that's possible, outside of Alienware.
I hate to be that guy, but the prices for each part alone make it impossible:
Processor: $130
RAM: $80-100
Hard Drive: $300 (using pcpartpicker there's only one 2 TB 7200RPM hard drive that would fit in a laptop)
OS: $100 (manufacturers probably get it for less, though, so we'll say $80)
Total $690.

But even if you went down from a 2 TB to a 1 TB (would bring the price down to somewhere around $450) there's more problems that would arise from trying to put those parts into a laptop, but I don't want to post them unless you want me to.

Again, I really, really, really hate to be that guy....

If you're looking for a gaming/recording laptop (cheaper than Alienware) look for Intel processors (they tend to be better with laptops) with Intel HD Graphics 4000, 8GB of RAM (that's all you need right now, 16 is just overkill), and no more than 1 TB hard drive (7200RPM 1 TB hard drives that would fit in a laptop are closer to $50).

A video card will not work in a laptop, unless you buy Alienware (or if there's some custom laptop-building agency I don't know about). If you do find a laptop with one, though, it'll either be not powerful enough for gaming, or have a "M" tied to it's name (to show that it's for laptops). While I'm not sure what the exact difference between "M" cards and non-"M" cards, but I do know the performance is tuned down.

Again, sorry to be that guy.

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This isn't the reply you're looking for (I'm sorry) but I don't think that's possible, outside of Alienware.
I hate to be that guy, but the prices for each part alone make it impossible:
Processor: $130
RAM: $80-100
Hard Drive: $300 (using pcpartpicker there's only one 2 TB 7200RPM hard drive that would fit in a laptop)
OS: $100 (manufacturers probably get it for less, though, so we'll say $80)
Total $690.

But even if you went down from a 2 TB to a 1 TB (would bring the price down to somewhere around $450) there's more problems that would arise from trying to put those parts into a laptop, but I don't want to post them unless you want me to.

Again, I really, really, really hate to be that guy....

If you're looking for a gaming/recording laptop (cheaper than Alienware) look for Intel processors (they tend to be better with laptops) with Intel HD Graphics 4000, 8GB of RAM (that's all you need right now, 16 is just overkill), and no more than 1 TB hard drive (7200RPM 1 TB hard drives that would fit in a laptop are closer to $50).

A video card will not work in a laptop, unless you buy Alienware (or if there's some custom laptop-building agency I don't know about). If you do find a laptop with one, though, it'll either be not powerful enough for gaming, or have a "M" tied to it's name (to show that it's for laptops). While I'm not sure what the exact difference between "M" cards and non-"M" cards, but I do know the performance is tuned down.

Again, sorry to be that guy.
I agree with everything besides Alienware. That is a complitely overhyped and overpriced brand. Laptops are great but u can find just as good alot cheaper. Even though he still wouldn't find 1 under $500 with those specs.

Reactions: CommMatt

CommMatt

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with everything besides Alienware. That is a complitely overhyped and overpriced brand. Laptops are great but u can find just as good alot cheaper. Even though he still wouldn't fidn 1 udner $500 with those specs.
Agreed. The reason I mentioned Alienware was because they're the only laptop brand I know that has higher end i7s and GTX's in them.

Reactions: AlexGotBeats

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Agreed. The reason I mentioned Alienware was because they're the only laptop brand I know that has higher end i7s and GTX's in them.
You can find good HP Envy's and Lenovo Y laptops with high end i7's and GTX. i've already looked into it before cuz i'm looking to buy 1 too but i'm just being picky like i dont want a 15 but atleast 17inch screen and yeah im just picky when it comes to buying a new laptop lol but they are out there. just not as cheap

Reactions: CommMatt

CommMatt

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can find good HP Envy's and Lenovo Y laptops with high end i7's and GTX. i've already looked into it before cuz i'm looking to buy 1 too but i'm just being picky like i dont want a 15 but atleast 17inch screen and yeah im just picky when it comes to buying a new laptop lol but they are out there. just not as cheap
Oh okay. Thank you for telling me :D

Reactions: AlexGotBeats

Asap Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the advice :) i will just have to save some more money.