Help with lighting please!!

Johnonstrike

Reaction score
Trying to put out my first YouTube video and I want it at least somewhat look good. I have a Sony a6500 with Sigma 30mm 1.4 lens. I have 2 Viltrox lights that go between 3300k - 5600k and bright between 20% - 100%. I have a 14' x 14' studio with no access to natural light so my lighting is totally controlled. Here's my question, what K should my lights be for indoor studio and what WB should my camera be on. It doesn't look good at all when they match exactly. What I have found that works so far is the lights set on 4000k and the camera set to 4200k white balance. Is this okay to use or does it need to be closer to 3300 or 5600 and does the camera have to match? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all in advance! btw I'm trying to give it a darker look (The room isn't flooded with lights) but not a dark mood, more of a happy, normal vibe.

Jimmy21

Reaction score
Someone else might be able to help you better, but my understanding is that color temperatures are really splitting hairs on how your video will look. Its not nearly as critical having proper placement or the right amount of lumens. Color can be corrected in editing. Take that with a grain of salt