help with endscreens

mz97

Reaction score
Hello,

i'm new to this method of editing. I have been doing video/cgi work for over 20 years but do not use a YT channel. I create work for clients. mostly intros, outros etc.

I am struggling understanding 'end screens'. My client keeps telling me that i need to create an end screen for him that he can use for each video. he says he can add the videos at the end dynamically and can change them as needed.

I've watched some tutorials on this and I think he's vastly mistaken. And if I understand the process right it's cumbersome, klunky and not dynamic at all.

I need to make a pause point which is fine. Then i have to embed clips of the other videos he wants to use. then when he uploads them he has to use annotations or the tools youtube uses to statically add links to the other videos where the thumbnails are playing.

is this correct? so i'd need to make a different end screen for every video he makes, or he'd have to use the same videos to link on every video? he uploads 4 videos per week and has over 300k subscribers. that is an enormous amount of work to add.

I thought this was more of an overlay that you could dynamically choose other videos to link to and you could make a template that's reusable.

to me THAT is dynamic. This process i believe they want to use is not very useful at all. am I wrong?

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,

i'm new to this method of editing. I have been doing video/cgi work for over 20 years but do not use a YT channel. I create work for clients. mostly intros, outros etc.

I am struggling understanding 'end screens'. My client keeps telling me that i need to create an end screen for him that he can use for each video. he says he can add the videos at the end dynamically and can change them as needed.

I've watched some tutorials on this and I think he's vastly mistaken. And if I understand the process right it's cumbersome, klunky and not dynamic at all.

I need to make a pause point which is fine. Then i have to embed clips of the other videos he wants to use. then when he uploads them he has to use annotations or the tools youtube uses to statically add links to the other videos where the thumbnails are playing.

is this correct? so i'd need to make a different end screen for every video he makes, or he'd have to use the same videos to link on every video? he uploads 4 videos per week and has over 300k subscribers. that is an enormous amount of work to add.

I thought this was more of an overlay that you could dynamically choose other videos to link to and you could make a template that's reusable.

to me THAT is dynamic. This process i believe they want to use is not very useful at all. am I wrong?
Your client probably just explained it badly. This is my end screen, it doesn't change at all between videos but I just leave space for the videos. The videos are then added dynamically on YouTube (this will be done by your client), they aren't a part of the video itself. The video with me in it is just the video scaled down and moved to the corner, again your client can just do that if that's the sort of end screen that he wants.
Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 20.10.09.png

Emerrias

Reaction score
Yeah! Just download an end screen template from Google image search, and use this to place some text.
Your client probably just explained it badly. This is my end screen, it doesn't change at all between videos but I just leave space for the videos. The videos are then added dynamically on YouTube (this will be done by your client), they aren't a part of the video itself. The video with me in it is just the video scaled down and moved to the corner, again your client can just do that if that's the sort of end screen that he wants.
View attachment 42124
Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk