Help With Comedy Skit

Hadi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey y'all! You might have seen me around the forums the past few days (I just recently joined and I'm enjoying my time on here). I might be asking a lot of questions, but bear with me, I'm still a fairly new and inexperienced YouTuber, and I want to get everything right.

I started my YouTube channel because I wanted to do vlogs and comedy skits. If you checked my channel out, you'd realize that I've been keeping up with my vlogging part. It's now time that I shoot and create my first comedy skit! I'm (kind of) a perfectionist, so I like to get everything right. I have a very detailed idea in mind, but I'd really appreciate it if you experienced guys and gals could help my out and (maybe?) provide some tips.

Also, how can I use tags to my advantage? I'm facing a lot of problems with that...

Thanks peeps!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tags have fairly little importance in the algo. Focus on a detailed, keyword rich, 1-2 paragraph description and a title that contains 2-3 of the keyword phrases you want to rank for in search. As a start, find ~5 channels you admire that do similar skit videos to what you will do, study their keywords and how they use them in the t/t/d, and try to incorporate them uniquely in your own t/t/d. In order of importance, it's title, description, tags. Use long, context rich sentences for the description, as a human would read.

Reactions: Hadi

Hadi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Tags have fairly little importance in the algo. Focus on a detailed, keyword rich, 1-2 paragraph description and a title that contains 2-3 of the keyword phrases you want to rank for in search. As a start, find ~5 channels you admire that do similar skit videos to what you will do, study their keywords and how they use them in the t/t/d, and try to incorporate them uniquely in your own t/t/d. In order of importance, it's title, description, tags. Use long, context rich sentences for the description, as a human would read.
Thank you so much for your input! I guess I was aiming for a Joe Sugg/ Oli White/ Caspar Lee type of skit. Oh well, back to binge-watching their videos, before I do my own. :tongue:

Vivian King

I've Got It
Reaction score
Well, I do comedy skits on my channel and I'm also a perfectionist. So, I would tell you to start out with a good concept that you like and plays to your strengths in comedy, write a loose script that you can continue to build off of. Then once the script is done rehearse it and perfect how you are going to say your lines and your body language. After that the recording part should be easy. I hope you found this helpful! :)

Reactions: Hadi