Help Required to Stay Away from Community Guidelines Issues

hassan918

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had some issues in the past with community guidelines and I am not clear about what happened as you all know that youtube don't tell the exact reason when it suspends a channel because of community guidelines violation.

Here are few things that might cause my channel to get suspended.

1. Using the title in description as well
2. Using same keywords in all videos (set in default upload settings)
3. Putting social media links in video description
4. Adding more than one manager for a channel
5. Sign in from on two different systems at a time
6. Adding solid watermark
7. Using hashtags in title and description

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Some of those I will need to look up per YouTube Help, as they don't seem to quite fit.

There is one which was only recently added to Community Guidelines but was always in the TOS. I suspect many of the former channel owners I've seen begging for assistance which is impossible to be provided by the TCs on the "official" YouTube Help Forum have fallen afoul of these two, which I quote here,

1. From the main YouTube Terms of Use:

"7.4 You represent and warrant that you have (and will continue to have during your use of the Service) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions which are required to enable YouTube to use your Content for the purposes of the provision of the Service by YouTube, and otherwise to use your Content in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms."

"7.7 You agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain any third party copyright material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights (including rights of privacy or rights of publicity), unless you have a formal licence or permission from the rightful owner, or are otherwise legally entitled, to post the material in question and to grant YouTube the licence referred to in paragraph 8.1 below."

2. From the YouTube Partner Program Agreement

"I agree not to opt in for monetization, any content for which I do not hold sufficient rights".

Many creators, for whatever reason may be important to them, are trying to submit third party copyright content for monetization, when they don't hold the necessary rights to monetize such content.

Think carefully on your content rights before you upload is my best advice.

Hope this helps!

hassan918

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've never heard anyone getting a strike for putting their social media links in the description box. can anyone verify if this is true?
The problem with a channel getting banned for community guidelines violations that youtube doesn't tell the exact reason so I am assuming that it might be the reason

hassan918

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some of those I will need to look up per YouTube Help, as they don't seem to quite fit.

There is one which was only recently added to Community Guidelines but was always in the TOS. I suspect many of the former channel owners I've seen begging for assistance which is impossible to be provided by the TCs on the "official" YouTube Help Forum have fallen afoul of these two, which I quote here,

1. From the main YouTube Terms of Use:

"7.4 You represent and warrant that you have (and will continue to have during your use of the Service) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions which are required to enable YouTube to use your Content for the purposes of the provision of the Service by YouTube, and otherwise to use your Content in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms."

"7.7 You agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain any third party copyright material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights (including rights of privacy or rights of publicity), unless you have a formal licence or permission from the rightful owner, or are otherwise legally entitled, to post the material in question and to grant YouTube the licence referred to in paragraph 8.1 below."

2. From the YouTube Partner Program Agreement

"I agree not to opt in for monetization, any content for which I do not hold sufficient rights".

Many creators, for whatever reason may be important to them, are trying to submit third party copyright content for monetization, when they don't hold the necessary rights to monetize such content.

Think carefully on your content rights before you upload is my best advice.

Hope this helps!
Actually I am more concern about the content that I put in title, description and keywords, if the video has a strike it is understandable and I am clear on this part of youtube " WE GET THREE STRIKES AND OUR CHANNEL GET SUSPENDED" I don't have any question about this. What I am looking for is the possible reasons why youtube channels got suspended because of community guidelines violations.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I've never heard anyone getting a strike for putting their social media links in the description box. can anyone verify if this is true?
If you do that with every video, it can be seen as "repetitive content"; and therefore as SPAM.[DOUBLEPOST=1502976779,1502976268][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually I am more concern about the content that I put in title, description and keywords, if the video has a strike it is understandable and I am clear on this part of youtube " WE GET THREE STRIKES AND OUR CHANNEL GET SUSPENDED" I don't have any question about this. What I am looking for is the possible reasons why youtube channels got suspended because of community guidelines violations.
Sorry I've been away for so long. Since YouTube actually placed its Copyright Policy into the Community Guidelines, I have a suspicion that copyright violations on media which isn't in the Content ID database may actually contribute to CG suspensions, and that was my reason for opening the way I did. Other things which might get you on YouTube's "bad boy list" are:

1. Using lots of links in every description, social media or not; these will make the algorithm think you are trying to drive people off YouTube and onto other web sites.

2. Titles which are a mismatch to your actual video content, or which qualify as "clickbait".

3. Repeating the same tag multiple times, or placing tags which have no relationship to your video in order to get more video clicks.

4. Not providing a title other than the filename; or not providing a description (these last two only suspected; not actually documented.)

Hope you find this post version a bit more helpful.

hassan918

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you do that with every video, it can be seen as "repetitive content"; and therefore as SPAM.[DOUBLEPOST=1502976779,1502976268][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry I've been away for so long. Since YouTube actually placed its Copyright Policy into the Community Guidelines, I have a suspicion that copyright violations on media which isn't in the Content ID database may actually contribute to CG suspensions, and that was my reason for opening the way I did. Other things which might get you on YouTube's "bad boy list" are:

1. Using lots of links in every description, social media or not; these will make the algorithm think you are trying to drive people off YouTube and onto other web sites.

2. Titles which are a mismatch to your actual video content, or which qualify as "clickbait".

3. Repeating the same tag multiple times, or placing tags which have no relationship to your video in order to get more video clicks.

4. Not providing a title other than the filename; or not providing a description (these last two only suspected; not actually documented.)

Hope you find this post version a bit more helpful.
Thanks for your helpful reply but it seems that no one is 100% clear about these community guidelines :)