Help on understanding channel discovery

Hey guys,

So I created my channel as a brand account back in 2013 as we have multiple individuals who have access to the channel for uploads, yet, mainly it's myself who has been doing the uploading. Now as a lot probably know from my YT account. Our name isn't exactly unique, I can appreciate that there is going to be others out there bearing the same name. However when you actually search our name against YouTube's search algorithms, on the PC anyway, it takes me to Page 6 before I find my channel.

Yet other channels registered after us, less subscribers, less videos and views appear pages before us.
What are the typical ways that channels are discovered or can increase their discovery? I'm hoping someone can shed some light on how YouTube works.

I've only just upgraded my download/upload speeds yesterday as they have only activated super fast broadband in my district, so since have been very eager to finally be able to YouTube as I've always enjoyed it, but search discovery is annoying.

With my recent activity over the last week we have went up in views and by 6 subscribers which is a bonus, but discovery is also something I'm keen to learn more about.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back