Help on non copyright music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Furmage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi guys

Im loking at grabbing some music for future vlogs, is sound cloud good for this as there is some music i could use on there...
How do you go about using it correctly with no hiccups? do they have categorys for free and unlicensed stuff?
Just wanting a heads up first before i start going down this road.

Thanks any input welcome

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Soundcloud isn't a good option for that at all.

The site is an Independent Artist portal, and copyright applies to every song posted there; even if they are made available for download. I know this because I am a Soundcloud artist myself. Look up Royalty Free Music; Kevin McLeod's Incompetech is a good source for this; but searching Google will give you many more.

If you are planning to monetize your videos, make sure that the music you are using has a commercial use license. The reason for this, is that YouTube Admin has the right to call for evidence of your commercial use rights in every element of every video you upload; plus can do that at any point in the life of your videos. If you cannot prove your commercial use rights, the video involved will be de-monetized by YouTube.

Nicky Furmage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for the info. At the moment im just using music from filmora for my edits but after ive done my next few i want to change it up a little so thought it would be a good idea to look into this before hand.

Thanks

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks for the info. At the moment im just using music from filmora for my edits but after ive done my next few i want to change it up a little so thought it would be a good idea to look into this before hand.

Thanks
Having dealt with Wondershare in the past, I can tell you now that unless you have a commercial use license for Filmora, which license by the way is not the free version you can just download from the Wondershare site, you cannot use the included music from the program in a monetized video. Go and buy the commercial version and make sure when you license it that the included music is commercially available.

If you own the commercial version already, you have my apology.

Nicky Furmage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah i do and just share the user agreement with youtube when a copyright comes up. my last 10 or so vlogs have wandershare music. i purchased it fully before using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.