Help! Need to get rid of a subscriber!

ZDonkulous

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
"Hey ZDonkulous, I'm contacting you because I'm working on a project that you might like. I hope you have 1 minute to read this message because I don't need more time to explain. I'm working on an online television channel. This website will show a never ending live video stream. The idea is that you get a 10 minute time slot that you can use to stream whatever you feel like sharing. During this 10 minute time slot there will be thousands of people watching you. You get a chance to promote yourself, reach a big audience and get a lot new followers. It would be really great if you would like to be part of this. If you like this idea, please let me know and we can discuss some of the details.
Best regards, Vloxie "

I received this message from this guy the other day and I have not contacted him. I'm sure this is a scam and I don't want him as a subscriber. I've block him but it doesn't do anything. I'm concerned that if I stream again with him as a subscriber could be dangerous. Any help is appreciated.

Note: He has an account on this site as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You can't get rid of subscribers manually, dude. If you put yourself on YouTube, you acknowledge that you're a public figure. Anyone can follow you or do whatever they want with your videos. If you don't want him to contact you or anything, just ban him from your streams and YouTube comments. Or as Zesty said, say you're not interested. Really simple solution.

ZDonkulous

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks everyone. I know there are some dangers in streaming and the fact that this guy seemed particularly interested in my streams had me a little cautious.

Reactions: Crown

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Thanks everyone. I know there are some dangers in streaming and the fact that this guy seemed particularly interested in my streams had me a little cautious.
Most likely just copy + paste and just writing in your username so it seems personal.

I get these kind of comments almost daily.

Reactions: Crown

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I got the exact same email, I haven't replied as i don't really stream anyway so wouldn't know what to do for 10 minutes lmao, but thankyou for this post as I honestly believed it was legit, but then again making out loads of famous people will be watching should really be a red flag, and they also came across a bit rude.