[Help] Minimizing Bandicam video sizes?

Reaction score
Hey, I'm currently vlogging some stuff. Each recording is done with a Nikon Coolpix digital camera and it's saved in .mov files. But when I use the AVS converter to lower the filesize from 3-4 GB, I still end up with an .avi file just below 1 GB.

It's just me talking, and yet the quality gets severely reduced compared to when I use Bandicam and record the computer screen - even though I specifically choose a HD 1920x1080 .avi setup. The Bandicam .avi have vastly better resolution and clarity but only takes about 200-300 MB for 20 minutes.

Anyone able to know what the heck is going on? How can a video that is better solution, detail and the exact same file format as another video be 1/3 of its size?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Edit: Could a moderator please remove "bandicam" from the thread title and then delete this line? Thanks.

MrAdelaideRS

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's the magic of computers, you can't really compare a video camera recording to a screen capture I use bandicam almost everyday, I could record one game for one minute and have like a 100mb file for example and then record another game for one minute and have a 300mb file its all about the game thats why you can't compare Video to screen capture and yes Bandicam files are the smallest you will get in the way of screen capturing devices

plus if you want smaller video files take that file and render it out in vegas for example.

TheBKangsta

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1GB is actually pretty good for a camera recording. The thing is with cameras vs. computer capture programs, is that they have to encode different things and at different bitrates. Obviously there is less to encode on a computer screen than in the real 3D life, so it takes more space for a camera to be outputting those file sizes.