HELP ME with Reddit

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I know there's been some discussion about this site before, but I just want a little more help.

So after reading on the forum about people's experiences with Reddit, I decided to sign up. I posted a couple of videos, and within minutes, they plummeted off of the "new" front page. They both also show -1 points each. What do the points mean? Does that mean someone voted it down once, or something. Also, is there any ways to try to keep your stuff higher up longer?

Thanks. Just want to maximize the my resources.

MrCompEng

Go to my channel... Or I will find you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
people can up vote or down vote a post, the more up votes the longer they stay on the front page. Reddit is mean, if one person doesn't like it the down vote and others follow suit. Try posting it to a sub reddit, one that your video fits in maybe it will do better there than the front page.

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
people can up vote or down vote a post, the more up votes the longer they stay on the front page. Reddit is mean, if one person doesn't like it the down vote and others follow suit. Try posting it to a sub reddit, one that your video fits in maybe it will do better there than the front page.
OK what sub reddits do you recommend for my videos? They are comedies. Like I said, I'm brand spankin' new at reddit, so sorry if I sound so naive.

vizibilityzero

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
delete the vid and repost it in the sub reedit would probably be the best idea

MrCompEng

Go to my channel... Or I will find you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
just search for reddit and comedy im sure there are a lot more than just the comedy sub reddit, im sure there is a joke and a funny video etc etc. look at them feel them out see which you think you best fit in :) hope you find one